Agnostic.com

4 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

totally agree with Josh. I covered up for the most part because I didnt want to deal with the random guy in the street stuff even if he is right

Very well explained!

Everyone should dress the way they want. That doesn't mean people won't make fun of you, but go for it. 🙂

yep, totally agree! & me, i sooner have fun poked at me than wither away in the stifling late-summer-australia heat. i wouldn't demand of anyone to dress less though.

the other day - & this is on the currently summery side of the planet - it got really hot again towards the arvo. so all the men (& with the current bamboo-cutting & house-painting going on there're more than normally) stripped from the waist upwards. being the only resident woman atm, i felt discriminated & resentful, which also had to do with the fact that usually, because it's my home & there is a (partially silent) agreement, i'd just go naked, but .... for the bloody tradies i felt restricted.

gender equality has a looooong way to go, if women can't even feel bodily free - as free as men feel - in their own home, let alone on the beach, at the pool, in the street.

I am in favor of women having whatever gender equality they want and need. Some cultures standard is women's breasts uncovered. There is nothing inherently wrong with the practice. Changing one's culture is difficult. Good luck.

From a man's perspective, lack of gender equality frustrates me because male female friendships are difficult. But, I don't expect that will change.

@EdEarl, yes, i understand & share your frustration, being well aware that i can only push it so far. what makes it harder for me is that i grew up in germany, where people are less willing to follow a herd mentality (no surprise there, after the third reich disaster), & now i'm living in rather prudish australia 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.