Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK Four hikers dead after lightning strikes iron cross at mountain summit | Metro News

Yeah, I'd say that was the hand of god, but I'd be lying. However....

#god
HippieChick58 9 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Terrible idea poorly executed. Whoda thunk a 15 meter (approx. 45 feet for us silly Americans) metal monument with more metal connecting it on TOP of a mountain could be a problem. smh

Oh the Irony..lol

I feel bad for the people. They may not have been religious, but religion killed 'em.

Hope it came down at least. It’s bad enough when people leave trash all over the place but destroying the natural beauty of a place with man made structures is evil, especially when it’s religious trash

How sad. This is tragic, not a reason for laughing.

While I appreciate the irony of this, the article states that over 100 people were injured in this event. The electrical current traveled over metal handrails and chains, affecting many people in the area. That's sad no matter how ironic the cause.

ROFLMAO! "IRONic !!!????

Wow!

Who the hell puts a giant lightening rod atop a mountain? Should be charged with manslaughter, at a mnimum,and executed before they "contribute" to the gene pool, for sure!

I am sure that whoever put that cross up there saw it as purely devotional, and wasn't thinking at all about the practical implications of lightning on a mountaintop.

@citronella key: "wasn't thinking"

Wow harsh!

@JacobMeyers really? Ask the 4 people that got killed........

@citronella and isn't that the problem with religious thought? Seems there is very little 'Let's think this thru for unintended consequences'.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:393440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.