Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let me pick anything I have an irrational hatred of and label it a "luxury belief", Then I can hide my hatred behind a veneer of morality and social concern.

" Another luxury belief is that religion is irrational or harmful. Henderson notes that members of the upper class are most likely to be atheists or non-religious – but they can afford to be so, as they ‘have the resources and access to thrive without the unifying social edifice of religion’"

I didn't realise that I had a "luxury belief"

What a load of bollocks

Sooooo, let's say you have been, for your entire life, bullied, disparaged, even beat up for your long, green, antenna, and had to hide them to live even a semi-normal existence, always afraid someone would see them, always ashamed you have them (through an "accident" of birth) and then one day you found out there were others with the same "problem" and they told you it was Not something to be ashamed of, but just a part of the human spectrum of shapes, sizes,colors. And you threw off your hats, cloaks, wigs, and stepped out into the sunshine with your new friends! And people told you that you were beautiful, and perfect just the way you were! Wouldn't that be a wonderful day?! And of course You wanted to spread the word to others still huddling, afraid.......
Because there are articles like this nasty POS..........

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:393472
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.