Agnostic.com

8 5

QUESTION The First State to Address (part of) the Problem in Pet Food

The State of Ohio has introduced legislation to prohibit the use of euthanized animals in pet food and prohibit the use of dog and cat remains in pet food. A step in the right direction.
Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Taken from email alert sent to me by:

Susan Thixton
Pet Food Safety Advocate
Author Buyer Beware, Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
TruthaboutPetFood.com
Association for Truth in Pet Food

Does Cat Food Contain Dead Cats?
to find out click on [pictures-of-cats.org]

Euthanasia drug pentobarbital in pet food
The story of the death of one dog and the serious illness of three others after they ate dog food containing a large quantity of a pentobarbital...
[pictures-of-cats.org]

SACatWalker 8 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The largest problem I've heard about from my Vet(s) is that they don't have to report things like salt (which can lead to kidney issues and death in cats).
There is definitely fudging going on in what they list as ingredients.

After going to one of the web sites and seeing that Fancy Feast had very little of what they were testing for - I was baffled - because they are one of the very worst salt offenders.

I'm glad your friends were able to clarify the "dead pets' issue. @Sciencebiker

I've researched pet food since I've had pets and it's very hard to make a good determination with the facts we have. I think staying away from canned products in supermarkets or WalMart/Target - probably helps a lot.

@SACatWalker Thanks - just went with a new one "Dave's Naturally Healthy food" - canned for cats - Chicken Formula.

Would love to know if there is salt content or if it's actually chicken. This one has no gluten. - Prior to that it was Hill's Science diet. They are actually located in Massachusetts.

The kids are liking it which is the important thing! lol

Great ,i would boycott any company that used them. Do you know who they are so we can start a movement?

😮 how did I not know about this?

And why didn't I even just figure as much, knowing the mercenary a**hats who run the corporate world?

OK, I did not realise dogs and cats were used in pet food. Very very dangerous to use any carnivore as food for animals.
Remember mad cow disease?

Dear God, I had no idea that was happening. Walmart will have to pull Ol'Roy

Um - considering the stuff they use to euthanize animals - I don't believe this.

[snopes.com]

Most likely urban legend.

@SACatWalker Good to know. I don't yet have a furry creature companion, but that is because I travel so much and I comprehend they are as much of a responsibility as children. However my present living situation surrounds me with six rescue dogs, twenty chickens, 3 roosters and 2 canaries. I am an animal lover at heart and as such I am working daily on becoming a 99.9% vegetarian. If I won't eat it, neither showed the creatures that surround me. Thanks for the info.

@SACatWalker I've always asked questions about my pets food. I finally got my vet to recommend something. My pets have been cremated upon dying. It's State law here. So I just don't believe they are eating other pets. Other States? IDK.

@SACatWalker That's awesome. Happy Monday!

I must be naive but if pets are being put in dog food why don't we boycott it? I am ill thinking about it.

Sign ME up for the boycott!

Purina Dog Chow

Good for Ohio!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39448
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.