Agnostic.com

16 1

Have you eaten pumpkin, the actual big orange thing, cut up, cleaned, and cooked?

Roasted, stewed, sauteed, seasoned however you like....

• 20 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
MarkiusMahamius 7 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Buttered, seasoned, and roasted. It was delicious!

Also, pumpkin soup.

Love me some stir fry pumpkin curry from one of the Portland food trucks!

The large late ‘Winter Squash’ are superior to pumpkins. I’ve only eaten the small, ‘baking punks.’ The roasted seeds from the big ‘soft ones’ are great.. But once you’ve replaced any pumpkin recipe with Sweat Meat, or Hubbard Squash - you’ll only use punks for Halloween 😉

Varn Level 8 Aug 27, 2019

Pumpkin soup, homemade, and roasted pumpkins as well.

Cooked and pureed afterwards as a side dish but prefer it in my pie.

I like it roasted along with the seeds, my mum likes it mashed with butter and nutmeg.

There are pie pumpkins and Jack-o-lantern pumpkins....different varieties. I did hear that canned pumpkin is often really acorn squash! Both are healthy, regardless. I just think the pie pumpkins are more 'flesh' and less seeds and 'goop'.

@NoPlanetB There was a big 'controversy" over some canned food companies
passing acorn squash for pumpkin....but yes, I am aware that they are different in texture, color, etc...but they are gourds. And gourds are healthy and fiber rich regardless.

@NoPlanetB [theatlantic.com]

I’ve had it in soup, cut up in stew, made into pumpkin cake/bread, made pumpkin butter(like apple butter) which I canned(yummy!); pie, of course. I’ve had it stuffed and sliced, and once in a soup/stew that I think was African, but not sure which country.

Owh yes, I forgot about pumpkin soup. I used to have a great recipe for that 🙂

Add basic curry spices, but replace onion and garlic with Heeng.

Pies from garden pumpkins and from canned. Soup from a can. In a restaurant, dish of pumpkin slop dressed with yogurt that was super delish.

I was a kid and my mom an dfsisters did some thign with it where ti was baked.

I had an absolutely phenomenal green curry with chicken and chunks of pumpkin at a Thai restaurant in Devonport New Zealand.

Yes, but I prefer Acorn squash with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter baked.

@NoPlanetB farmers market tomorrow afternoon in Willoughby.👍 I'm going shopping!

Baked with brown sugar. Pies of course. Soup - dated someone in mid 20's who made all variants of soups.

Yeah, my grandma's homemade pumpkin pie with actual hand whipped cream, every year for thanksgiving dessert. Was wonderful.

1of5 Level 8 Aug 27, 2019

Old people

@MarkiusMahamius i feel sorry for you kids, your life would be so much better if you had something that wonderful to be mad about missing.

@1of5 kids? You better be wrong

@MarkiusMahamius youth in general, and I wish I were

Ive had baked pumpkin with butter and brown sugar, good, but I was lucky enough to live next to an African deli that served a pumpkin peanut stew (very spicy) that was the best. Also, no sinus issues after that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:394509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.