Agnostic.com

26 7

Online Dating Blues: Old Photos.

Tonight I am meeting a new man for dinner. Dave is a fit, 65-year-old rock climber and hiker who lives nearby. Sounds good, right?

I'm underwhelmed.

He posted 20 year-old photos on Fitness Singles. False advertising. "I haven't looked at those photos in a long time" was his excuse.

"I won't recognize you because you posted old photos," I told him.

So, last night Dave sent the second photo taken last July while climbing Prusick Peak, WA. With bright light behind him, his face is dark and hard to see.

Why do people post old photos? When we meet, I immediately see them as a liar.

Photos:

1. His main photo on Fitness Singles is over 20 years old.

2. Climbing Prusick Peak, WA in July 2019. This is a great photo because he look happy, fit and in his element, doing what he loves.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

how was the date?

@hankster

Dave looks better than his photos. We had fun talking and laughing.

After dinner, I suggested we walk on the Riverfront Trail. "Let's walk down to the dock and put our feet in the water."

While walking, I showed Dave how to suck nectar from Honeysuckle blossoms. He was amazed.

"I enjoyed meeting you, too," Dave texted this morning. "It felt really comfortable. Let's meet again soon."

He invited me to a dinner party at his house this weekend with his twin sons, age 22. I enjoy young people. I'll bring homemade date bars.

My birthday is Sept. 3. Dave wants to take me out to dinner for my birthday on Tuesday or Wednesday, since I'm hiking on Tuesday. Sweet.

@LiterateHiker not bad, that honeysuckle trick. enjoy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:394934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.