Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Evangelical Leader Claims Teaching Kids Basic Science Causes Mass Shootings

An evangelical leader claimed Sunday that mass shootings are caused by “driving God from the public square,” and specifically by teaching kids about evolution.

“We’ve taught our kids that they come about by chance through primordial slime and then we’re surprised that they treat their fellow Americans like dirt,” Tony Perkins, head of the Family Research Council, said on “Fox & Friends” one day after a gunman in Texas killed seven and wounded 21 others.

I really hate Tony Perkins.

surrealhoax 7 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perkins is a loathsome, lying demagogue.

I watched the video and my impression of Perkins was not all negative. These articles often twist and exaggerate things in order to arouse hatred. Hatred sells.

The origin of life is a mystery, and to claim that life began as a random accident is unscientific. What should be taught in schools is not knee-jerk scientism but truth about the mystery, magnificence and unity of being. Part of that is evolution, yes, but evolution does not address the origin of life.

Maybe Perkins has a point.

@Winkiedink54 The two ministers interviewed said nothing like that! They both seem like sensitive, intelligent and reasonable people, and I for one feel nothing but respect and love for them.

Why do you suppose all the attention is on Perkins and not the other guy? They both said essentially the same things, and expressed agreement with each other. My theory is that Perkins, as a White Southerner is a politically correct figure upon which to heap derision and hatred. The Black guy, not so much.

Anyone lapping up the lies in these trashy publications is opening themselves up to stress, anger, depression and poor health.

It was on Fox & Friends what the hell do you expect!

Last I heard the Family Research Council had two members this guy and one of the Duggar kids that was supposedly a child molester. So they have the highest of standards and are for sure ethical.

after donald trump used his podium to claim that video games and the internet causes mass shootings, walmart stopped selling violent games. they did not stop selling guns or ammunition.

the whole world is upside down.

Violent video games has been a scapegoat for our problems since way back in the Tipper Gore days. Republicans today are acting like it's brand new idea that finally has to be explored. Ha

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.