Agnostic.com

9 4

Do we just need god?

The level of assertations about who should do what, or what should be allowed, and whats considered proper behavior on this site, is approaching a religious fervor. Im thinking we need a god to make decisions and tell us what to do. Im not seeing much evidence of this supposed "freethinker" belief system so many of us claim to have. Are we just lying to ourselves?

Burner 6 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, a strong, clear leader with powers far beyond that of the average member. I nominate Admin, since he fits all the qualifications for a god:

1. Created a place for people
  2. Set some vague easily misinterpreted rules.
  3. Occasionally tries to destroy the place and entities it created
  4. Accepts prayers, but refuses to answer them

Can I get a second?

1of5 Level 8 Sep 5, 2019

Now we're talking

Who needs gibberish ? The impossible concept invented to embody the fear of free speech free love freedom FROM theocracy

N0

lerlo Level 8 Sep 5, 2019

You may need god. I don't.

And, who would decide the rules of this god? Given that god's rules tend to be whatever people want them to be, the situation would likely be the same.

I’ve read a couple of posts about people getting upset with others on the site. There are a lot of members now. I think it’s healthy to have discussion, however there are site guidelines; which I’ve brought up before, you’ll find them under info. I don’t need a god: but perhaps you do? Certainly you’d not be alone...which were you veering towards? 😉

It does not look like you have made a decision about God. We all have. We have dumped him.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

As far as I can see, the only rule we have is civility towards each other. If there are other rules then I must have been completely oblivious to them for the past fifteen months. I haven’t experienced anything similar to religious fervour either, so perhaps I’m missing much of what’s going on here!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397903
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.