Agnostic.com

7 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being in that age band myself I find that very depressing.

I know what you mean.

Their music will keep us alive for a whilein the minds and ears of the next generations; then we'll all be gone.
Long live rock!

That's the part of getting old they never tell you about. If you live long enough, you get to watch your childhood die.

There's still good rock and roll out there. You just have to make the effort to go out and find it because shitty, worthless mainstream radio won't play it. All you hear on mainstream rock radio is a bunch of crappy nu metal bands.

If you want to find real rock and roll, you still have to do it like it was done back in the day: Through word of mouth and going to check out the bands you've never heard of playing the small to mid-size venues in your area.

And one more thing....

Rock and roll bands may not sell out big stadiums or get played on the radio, but their careers will have significantly more longevity than the latest pop diva flavor of the month. While a pop diva like Taylor Swift will be long forgotten in 20 years, replaced 50 times over by the current flavor of the month, a rock and roll artist like Steven Wilson will be making good records and playing to life long fans well in to his 70's. Just like musicians such as Bob Dylan and Joan Baez are.

I agree.

I agree that there’s good rock out there, and that you just have to look for it, and I haven’t really listened to mainstream radio for years because it’s become so limited to pop music. We have more access to music globally than we ever did in the early days of rock. That’s how I found Gackt (very reminiscent of Bowie), The Delgados, Shokichi Ishida, and lots of other bands that rock my world. I mourn the passing of the groups from my youth, but I don’t mourn the passing of the genre. I think it will live forever.

Yes, and they are not being replaced by new rock legends. Now they are all corporate computer "muzac" creations, leaving little foot print, I suspect. Hank Williams once said you had to have smelt a lot of pig shit If you wanted to sing like a real hillbilly. Well, I suspect it's the same with Rock. The age of great Rock is over, I'd say.

Yes I have lost most of my hero's. Bowie, Lennon, chris squire from yes. Keith emerson from elp...

I hate the pop shiite out there today . But I have confidence new talent will emerge.

Agree about the shiite. Not so much about new talent.

You pretty much have to be an old timer to really understand what rock and roll really is anyway

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397968
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.