Agnostic.com

6 4

QUESTION Former Jehovah’s Witnesses Speak Out Against the Cruel Practice of Shunning – Friendly Atheist

Wow, I had a visit by JWs the other day, and yes they were a little intimidating the way they acted on the street, even the vehicles they drove.

SACatWalker 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Paraphrasing something Stephen Weinberg once said, though it has probably been said by others. "Generally you will have good people doing good things and bad people doing bad things, but it takes religion to get good people to do bad things."

I really like this one. Thanks

I really like this one

I have lost two sisters, nieces and nephews included, to this cult. Very saddening.

Nena Level 6 Mar 19, 2018

@SACatWalker Just got back from a road trip up to the bay area. Maybe next time I pass through Port Hueneme we can grab a cup of coffee?

@SACatWalker I'll let you know when I'm traveling through again. In the meantime if you are ever down in my neck of the woods, please let me. I'm the the Temecula Wine Valley.

Didn't realize other groups than the Amish and Menonites practice shunning. Well without blood tranfusions I would be an obituary.

They now let them bank their own blood.

That wouldn't have saved me either. Not enough!

Yup I know someone who had remained JW for just this reason. The idea of losing all family and friends is unbearable to her.

Jews, "render the cloth", christians excommunicate and Muslims outcast. Nothing new with the zealot community.

Did you hear about the horror story that takes place in an Amish community? It's called "The Shunning."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39882
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.