Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK The Democratic Party’s Addiction to Dirty Money

"The problem is far bigger than Joe Biden. Other candidates in the race have gamely attempted the same two-step, violating pledges to reject special interest money and hosting big-dollar fund-raisers. The machinery of the Democratic Party is primed to run on big piles of cash and showers its favor upon those candidates who reliably stack the green. Even as voters demand that the party shed the influence of plutocratic interests, much of the shift toward rejecting the status quo has been rhetorical, not substantive. The Democrats literally demand “dues,” or a certain amount in funds raised, from the congressional committee chairs who raise those funds from the industries they regulate—and they dole out the parliamentary perks to those who deliver the goods."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Consider the source, it’s the New Republic.

So, the Republicans do not share an addiction to dirty money? I am shocked.

Consider the source; New Republic. A far left-leaning news reporting service.

[ei.marketwatch.com]

Actually, they've drifted somewhat far afield of their progressive roots, and they've never been good on Palestine as far as I can remember. But I think they're on target here.

Most of the MSM doesn't acknowledge it, but a campaign financed by individual donors (like Bernie and Tulsi) is quite a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

@WilliamCharles I just watched an incredible story a obout how military transport planes were caught being detoured to Trump properties to fuel their planes....in effect supporting the airport that services Trump resorts...which had been going down the tubes.

11 million $$ of our taxpayer money to pay for fueling military transport planes at the whim of Trump.

Then there's the huge tax breaks to fossil fuels arranged by Republicans.

[huffpost.com]

Then there's the tax subsidies to coal and oil that far outstrips the subsidies to alternative energy.

[vox.com]

Don't tell me about Democrats and Dirty money. When I discover dirty money it's almost exclusively Republican.

@Robecology

He's as corrupt AF. The difference is Rethuglicans expect it. Many Dems and progressives don't.

Peoples addiction to money.

There, fixed the headline for you.

1of5 Level 8 Sep 6, 2019

Well, there's no one on the right funding their campaigns on individual donations so I took that as a given.

@WilliamCharles I'm not talking left, right, or even politics

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:398916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.