Agnostic.com

28 4

Anyone try Facebook dating yet?

For thise that haven't heard of it Im refering to the new Facebook dating feature that just rolled out a few days ago.

I signed up but Im not sure if I did it right. It seems limited. The only questions they ask for preferences is Religion, distance, age, and kids.

In the end it doesnt seem like you can browse beyond that. I don't see any matches at all. Im not sure if I am supposed to. It seems like there would be at least a few atheist agnostic or others within my age and distance..

If it is such that you only see people who match each others criteria I actually like that. That way the wider public can't snoop as easily. Thats what I dislike the most about regular dating apps.
Facebook knows so much about us and is perfected sending targeted crap to the right people. This could actually be a perfect use. I would like them to show me other horny people in my area that like and follow the same things. Even better if they don't tell all the other nosy local people and spammers my preferences.

I am uncomfortable that it uses my real first name and that can't be changed. Mine is unique and would give away my real identity with a google search..

Edit- Its not fully rolled out in my area yet so tjays why I don't see matches. Apparently it shows them one at a time and you can show interest or pass and take a second look later if you want.

MsAl 8 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Signed up for Zoosk on Zuckerbook many. many years back and got inundated with scammers from Ghana, Nigeria, etc, worked out for myself that most Dating Sites are about as useful as a One legged man in an arse kicking contest.
Even though Agnostic.com purports to be a 'Dating Site/Group' of sorts I joined it, NOT for and in the hopes of finding a date or a relationship, but for the enjoyment and conversations, etc, that I could have with like minded Atheists and Agnostics like myself and haven't been back on Zuckerbook ever since.

Don't worry. Your day is coming, Triphid. snicker

@Canyonrunner Heard that one before, many many times before and STILL NOTHING.

@Triphid It was just wonderfully serendipitous. I was just thinking of that book the other day. I used to see it in used book stores all the time, but not for a while now.

@Canyonrunner My own personal saying is kind of like, " If it wasn't for Bad Luck, then I'd have No luck at all," LOL.

I have trepidations about a Woman who says her Grandmother is in Ghana,or Nigeria,too many problems from there.....

@Mike1947 Listen to those trepidations my friend, it smells very much like a SCAM to me.
As my 'born again, Evangelist' neighbor found out a few years ago to his great financial costs, Ghana/Nigeria, etc, ARE hot-beds of Online Dating scams raking in thousands of dollars at a time from people in other countries.
I don't know exactly what it cost him money-wise BUT I remember him complaining that he had maxed out 2 separate Credit Cards at the time, both worth $5,000 Australian each.
The woman (???) had given him a name, town of residence, e-mail address and a photo of herself (???) plus a long sob-story of how she and her Grandmother, etc, were always struggling financially and her income as a Nurse at their local hospital was never enough to cover their living costs, etc.
Me being me, a kind-hearted person, decided to quietly ask a favor of an old and trusted pen-pal in Ghana, an ex-Pat Aussie btw, to do a little quiet research on this person for me, I'll leave it your imagination as to what the results came back as.

I had no idea that was a thing on Facebook

Its just being rolled out. They announced it last year.

I closed my account about 5 years ago. I wish I could delete it completely. It seems interesting though.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:400074
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.