Agnostic.com

18 9

As spring [supposedly] arrives (in the northern hemisphere), my gardening passion is coming out in full swing. I planted lots of bulbs last fall and the first ones are coming up. Crocus in the lawn and in many of the flower beds. It gives me heart on these blustery days....

What is your favorite sign of spring?

"Passions"

chicagojcb 7 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately...we're supposed to get snow this weekend. This is like the winter that won't end this year.

All the plants in my food forest coming to life. I just started a gardening group called Gardeners if anyone wants to join.

I like the daffodils ... lol

Ah, the weather in Phoenix is now warm enough my arthritis only acts up at night, my fingers are no longer in patriotic colorful splotches from Raynaud's, and I'm putting seeds in my balcony container garden. A few more greens and herbs don't hurt.

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow, the first day of spring! This isn't how Carolina is supposed to work!

When I can walk the dog without a jacket on. The sun shines more than it rains or snows. I can get my hands dirty with soil and flowers. The windows can be open and the trees are blooming. Best things for me.

LizL Level 5 Mar 20, 2018

The ice is too dangerous for fishing, that means spring is coming

Sunshine and daffodils

The lengthening days.. daylight wise; my neighbor’s incessant mowing, beginning yesterday; my Asian plum tree blooming ..only to be frosted out; everyone else's daffodils & crocus, like yours 😀 - I need to remember them come Fall. ‘Redbud’ trees bloom, new to me. Summer birds returning, just spotted a Vireo! Visiting nurseries & gathering planting project stuff… But tonight - we’re expecting from 1 to 5 inches of snow! ...so Spring’s on hold, for a day or two 🙂

Varn Level 8 Mar 20, 2018

My food forest coming to life. All the new buds popping up.

Love to see the primroses and the field of daffodils , we are among the first to see the spring here in Cornwall . We planted loads of bulbs too ... crocii, daffs , tulips ,snowdrops and Russian snowdrops .... waiting for the bluebells in the woods nearby .... magical !

Enjoy your spring. Is autumn here

I know. But yours will come again!

When I can wear tanks and shorts all day long! 🙂

Mine is a gradual awakening. The sunrise seems more radiant, the temperature more tolerable, the flowers are breaking ground. I can linger outdoors in the evening. But spring is spring when the birds return.

Awesome Ilove the new growth

Me planting more bulbs in the flower beds!!!

As I am building a vineyard, one of my favorite events in spring is “bud-break,” it’s exciting to see what has survived the winter and my (often heavy-handed) pruning techniques

• Not having to have the fire on.
• Not having to scrape the ice off the windscreen at 7 am.
• Maggie dive bombing time.

I've read about this! Is it that big of a problem?
Spring is when the carpenter and bumble bees get really agressive in this area...they come after you! Scary...

@Freespirit64 no more dangerous than the injury to the young woman.

@Freespirit64 We have lots of flowers and love our pollinators, but I agree with you about carpenter bees. They can be scary aggressive and the perfectly round holes they drill in wood trim and wood fences can be damaging. Also, a neighbor's little dog disturbed a nest of ground bees and was killed by them. We also have a little dog, and when I found a nest in our backyard, I had to destroy them. Fortunately, we have other types of bees and wasps that are beneficial and easy to get along with.

@PappyOnWings Do you also have pelicans? Ours reputedly have eaten small dogs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40085
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.