Agnostic.com

20 1

How do you respond to "Have a blessed day!"?

I work at a job in which most of the employees are Christian. I hear this phrase a lot both from employees and from customers. How would you respond to this choice of farewell?

Biblebeltskeptic 6 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just roll my eyes.
But to "god love you" I reply "she loves you too"

I work in customer service and ore and more management at my job wants you to slap a smile and kiss a customers ass to avoid a bad survey. I just say have a nice day as well and keep it moving. No rational complaints can be given with that. I also see a lot of Catholics in my area so most say god bless you along with leaving crosses and booklets anywhere including the bathroom.

"Better than being cursed."

Depends on the person. Nice? "Ta, have a good one y'self'.
Not so nice? "Salaam Alaikum"
Really not nice? "(Wince) you really should read The Handmaid's Tale."

You can secularise the situation in your mind and just move on lol

I say thanks

"Any day above ground is a good one!"

I say thank you. They are just being polite.

"Oh, Satan bless you!"

"You too."

Thank you and the same to your jolly self!

"Day? Can't I have a blessed life?"

1of5 Level 8 Sep 12, 2019

"You have a nice day too!"

I sold my soul for Satan's eternal blessing, but thank you any way.

JimG Level 8 Sep 12, 2019

@Donotbelieve I rarely am, actually.

@Donotbelieve 😍

Unless there is a god added in there, I just say, “you too!” It could mean blessed with good luck.

Thanks, you too.

skado Level 9 Sep 12, 2019

It depends on the person or the situation. If it is my boss or a co-worker, I simply ignore the comment. If it is a customer, I usually say "Thank You" and walk away. My thought bubble, however, says "You idiot." Good thing customers can't read thought bubbles.

Agreed!

Same here

I say "thanks," because, in a way, since we are creating our own universes and are in fact the only god there is, their blessings are technically divine.

I ignore that bullshit and stay away from those people. Religion is all around us. The non-believer movement has just started. We are outnumbered. We have to be smart about fighting it.

With a cheerful "You have a nice day to Thank You!"

MsAl Level 8 Sep 12, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:401339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.