Agnostic.com

3 1

Imagine that there was nothing to hold you back and you could live ANYWHERE in the world, where would that be and why?

Hazydays 7 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oregon and Washington. The climate and dungeness crabs.

The Copper Coast, County Waterford, Ireland...

the picture will tell you why.

If there were no limits then i would spend my whole life exploring every place with a reputation of cultural or natural beauty on the planet.

That sounds wonderful. Would you have no roots, no base camp, and just constantly travel from place to place? I would need to have a place I called ‘home’ to travel to and from. I think I would like to call The Netherlands ‘home’.

@Hazydays I could stay longer in the places i really liked. But eventually the gypsy in me would lure me over the horizon. TIC TIC TIC TIC only one life to live!

But in a scenario with limits, having a home base to recover and plan for the next trip is a good idea. In that case Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities. Perhaps a rotation of home base every few years would work. Rio, any beach on Maui, or the Gulf of Nicoya in Costa Rica would also work well.

@kensmile4u The historical timeline of the gypsy in me, indicates that I typically have a complete change in my life direction (and location) every 5 years. Not by choice, just the way life presents itself to me. I tend to go with the road less traveled and it hasn’t failed me yet, hit a few bumps, but will always love to explore new horizons.

@Hazydays Bumpy roads lead to amazing places! I've certainly been down a few in my life. It looks like we both have some exploring to do. 😉

you are aware that "gypsy" is a racial slur...right?

@BHolliday No I was not aware the word gypsy was considered a racial slur in Europe by the Romani people. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will try to use a different word in the future. If there were any readers of my comment who were offended I apologize.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.