Agnostic.com

8 7

Woman uses hair dryer to stop speeders. Bravo!

A great, creative idea!

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love all the great ideas,,have even seen card board stand alones of police office holding a radar detector or marked police car just parked on the side of the road with no one in it,,love when you come into a town and they have your speed indicators posted that shows your speed they are really helpfu in getting peoples attention to come down the speed limits

Some small villages in England have slowed traffic by parking .... they creat a chicane by parking on opposite sides of a road to narrow it to a single that drivers have to weave through

love chicanes,,they keep you alert

Years ago I owned a plain white Ford Crown Vic which looked identical to the unmarked and marked police cars in the area. Was funny seeing people slow down or use caution when they saw me coming. Someone said I should sit on the side of the road with a blow dryer just for laughs, never did.

I remember my 80 year old mom used to complain about speeders in her neighborhood. She lived on a long straight portion of road where people would pick up speed, be it on accident or on purpose. She would go out and get her mail every day and if there was a speeder coming by she would pretend to start to fall in their path and the car would squeal to a stop. Then she'd look them in the eye and tell them to slow down.

OMG! That's so great! I bet her arm got tired 😊

My car looks similar to the "Q" cars that were used in Spain, which had a speed camera almost invisibly mounted by the rear left door. They would drive on the motorway at around 8mph lower than the speed limit, and nab the cars that overtook at excessive speeds. Frequently, I would spot a car approaching from behind at well over the speed limit, which would then suddenly slow down and fall in behind me. At times I had quite a "following"!
The "Q" cars have now been replaced by small, hard to spot drones, equipped with cameras and radar, and far fewer "boy racers" are around.

I worked as a land surveyor for a couple of years and I found it funny how, when I was working on the side of a road with my total station mounted on a tripod, some motorists were slowing down when they saw me.

Love it awesome

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 16, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:402761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.