Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK White House tells Lewandowski not to answer questions and asserts immunity for Dearborn and Porter - CNNPolitics

Cover-ups on top of cover-ups!

"In a statement Monday night, House Judiciary Committe Chairman Jerry Nadler said the decision to keep the aides from testifying was "a shocking and dangerous" use of executive privilege.

"The President would have us believe that he can willfully engage in criminal activity and prevent witnesses from testifying before Congress -- even if they did not actually work for him or his administration," the New York Democrat said. "If he were to prevail in this cover-up while the Judiciary Committee is considering whether to recommend articles of impeachment, he would upend the separation of powers as envisioned by our founders."

The White House's position on the testimony of Lewandowski, Porter and Dearborn adds to the growing fight between the Trump administration and the Judiciary Committee over the panel's investigation and its efforts to obtain testimony from those cited by Mueller. The White House has also asserted immunity over the testimony of former White House counsel Don McGahn, and the committee has sued in order to compel his appearance, which is still being litigated."

jerry99 8 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My post on the live hearing deleted from my feed> what"s going on here admn???

I smell a rat!

It is so bizarre that Trump gets away with doing anything. If Obama did even an ounce of what Trump does, Obama would be sitting in jail. This really tells of the intolerance of another race in our society.

We know with certainty that Trump is craven and corrupt. What's shocking and disgusting is just how many of the people in his orbit are willing to sell their souls to appease his whims.

@jerry99
Right. What Trump is doing says more about us than what it says about him.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:403317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.