Agnostic.com

9 1

Unique Events

Today, just a few miles from my house, is the annual Cream Cheese Festival. The Kraft facility where they produce Philadelphia Cream Cheese is right in town. (Despite the product name, this is not Philadelphia; I live in northern New York.) Anyway, people come from many miles away each year to attend this unique event, to sample some cheesecake and other foods, visit local vendor booths, enjoy a variety of live entertainment, and play some fun games.

What unusual events is your area known for?

resserts 8 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We played at the Bat Fest here in town last weekend. There were booths and music. Bat Man and Robin were there. I met Bat Man's step sister a couple of days later. I didn't know he had a step sister. At dusk they watch the bats come out from under the bridge going out to feed. Thirty minutes from here in Austin they have the Spamarama, a salute and cookoff celebrating Spam.

Squirrel Fest - Longview Washington has built replicas of famous and not-so-famous bridges high up in the trees for the squirrels to use. The first bridge, the Nutty Narrows, was erected in 1963, followed by 5 more bridges around town

Haunted History Tour at the Hydesville Property where the Fox Sisters bamboozeled the believers.
[hauntedhistorytrail.com]

We have the annual Apple Tasting Tour.
[appletastingtour.com]

Fantasy Fest coming up the week before Halloween. I made this video a few years ago.

Today I went to the local Scottish Games Festival . Met with my local LARP group at the front entrance , gots lots of hugs. Everyone enjoyed my dragon .

The Ellensburg Rodeo, every Labor Day Weekend.

I love cheesecake!!

I've never been to a rodeo. I've seen horses being put through their paces at the county fair, but that's all.

I like cheesecake well enough, but it's not my favorite. I much prefer a moist, rich chocolate cake with decadent gooey (but not runny) chocolate frosting topped with high-quality shaved chocolate flakes, perhaps with a light drizzle of chocolate syrup, with a side of vanilla bean ice cream.

@resserts The Ellensburg rodeo is a pretty big deal in the rodeo circuit, while I enjoy Ennio Marconi's music to all the spagetti westerns I am not a fan of rodeo and have never been to one. Opening night of the 3 day event has extreme bull riding. In the week running up to the rodeo they have kids events like mutten bustin' and such. All the little kids in their western gear are pretty damn cute!!
Not a big fan of chocolate cake but a super moist carrot cake with real creamcheese frosting is a huge favorite - but I no longer eat gluten so no cake for me 🙂.

Aksarben Rodeo. Now spell Aksarben backwards and you have Nebraska. They were really intellectual out here, still are. We have Arbor Lodge, former home of J. Sterling Morton founder of Arbor day just a bit south of where I live. Omaha has an Oracle, also known as Warren Buffet.

I was going to say that "Aksarben" sounds like something from Harry Potter. (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Aksarben) 😜

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:405103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.