Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nobel for Greta! She deserves one!

STOP THIS FREAK SHOW

Where are these immediate challenges on the priority list? Are they even urgent?

1. High infant mortality
  2. Common diseases in the 3rd world - like malaria
  3. Starvation
  4. Child slavery
  5. Extreme poverty
  6. Violence against children and women

Do we even know that drinking water is an urgent need in the world and people are dying every day for the lack of it? Here... these are world's 10 biggest and most dire problems, Pollution is just one - one of them = [borgenproject.org]. It is not the biggest.

I am aware of the climate change challenge but not sure it is above all these issues.The above is killing human beings in scores each day. We should talk about all. It seems that we all have forgotten about the poor and starving suddenly. Why is Greta Thurnberg not in school?

This reminds me of promoting the game of golf when poor children don't have a freaking old, worn out ball and a ground to play on.

Do we start dancing up and down as the fancies rise and die? What is for tomorrow, saving Mars?

@Winkiedink54
I heard it and I am not buying. Another question would be how child slavery, infant mortality cannot move her like climate change can?

@Winkiedink54 It extremely must be even so much more important to use the limited resources very judiciously. What has happened to us? Since when infant mortality and child slavery are less important than climate change? Is the rich man's biggest problem now?

Earth is not becoming un-inhabitable tomorrow but the children will die today, tomorrow and every day. We do not have time to wait. We are not at a tipping point. It is worsening and actions should take place now and the world has started acting already. Sucking all oxygen from other dire problems is foolish and dangerous. I do not want to be any part of this freak show.

Sometime longer term problems mean the end of our eco system. Only solving short term problems is not necessarily the better answer. Sometimes you have to do more than one thing.

@Bigwavedave
I am asking is an important issue, not the only important issue. I have never seen this commotion around violence against children around the world. It must a big rich man's problem.

@Athena
That is correct. It is ONE of the issues, not the only one and it is not the biggest. That is why sucking oxygen from other dire issues, sucking funding, attention is a freak show.

I would like to see her views and compassion on other issues as well. Trump only talks about golf. Paris Hilton cares of her small poodle that she sometimes does braids on in pink. I have no sympathy for these assholes.

@Athena
That is how it is sold to us. It is not going to happen tomorrow or in the near future. The deterioration has started and it may be a threat but not even in our lifetime. But children are dying today, every hour. That matters. Yes, it matters, As long as we are alive we must take care of the young, we cannot tell them sorry, we are taking care of a bigger problem, sorry we are taking a fancy flight to ice glaciers in Iceland to study them. Not now, not today, not tomorrow.

This is typical of rich an self obsessed people and nations, malaria is not our problem but diabetes is. Violence against children is not our problem but cruelty against pets is, random and violent rapes and killing of mothers in war torn zones is not our problem but yes, the MeeToo problem is a very very big problem. I get it.

@Lincoln55
I will not attack them because they are not putting up this freak show sucking oxygen from resources and attention to make all other problems look small. Climate change has become rich man's passion. Paris Hilton cares about her favorite little dog than anybody in the world.

@Lincoln55 Me and dramatic? You must be thinking of Greta Thunberg and her followers who are jumping up and down like they have finally found a super exciting campfire party to start dancing around.

@ToolGuy people have been dying from ignored illnesses, violence etc for centuries but I have never seen this commotion, attention, publicity, place in the forefront on top platforms like this one. I am not saying don't do anything but show a sense of proportion. This is freaky.

@ToolGuy climate change is not big enough to ignore the dying children today, no problem is, no problem ever will be. I am not in denial. I do not fall for anything... no matter how much it is publicized, glorified... unless it makes sense. This does not.

@ToolGuy you are convinced, I am not. I don't have to be. I will not buy publicity made totally out of proportion.

@ToolGuy I never said.. don't do anything. I am just turned off by the fancy, publicity, aura, attention by the rich nations that never came forward for Rwanda killings, don't still bleed hearts for women and children bombed in Yemen and Syria. Never seen this fancy farce, especially by a 16 year old yelling at world leaders... how dare you.. I think it she should be shut down from any more publicity and hope the Trump administration will do that swiftly. Why did she not say to world leaders... why do you just keep meeting and not agreeing and doing anything about children and women dying, being acid bombed, poor children in Ethiopia etc.?They are dying today and every day and it is our responsibility to take care of the young until the moment we will die, not keep them waiting until we will solve a bigger problem. All other starvation, killing of the innocent must be acted on and stopped now.

@St-Sinner how about just admitting you're a trump apologist and also an apologist for conservatives in general?.. either that or a deranged loon for suggesting issues cannot be addressed a la carte but must instead come bulk wrapped in one lump sum. Because guess what? They are many people and organizations addressing each and every you brought up, by the way. And if you're just an attempting troll I suggest you don't give up your day job.

@St-Sinner Or... last possibility... you're just a complete fucking idiot

@HockeyGuy I am a Trump supporter just because I do not agree with you? Why can't a progressive call out bull shit?

I strongly suggest that you quit your day job and move to Syrian refugee camps to care for the dying so you can deserve a voice to say you are right. Just try it.

@HockeyGuy Is it possible that you do not know you are a bigger idiot?

@ToolGuy I do not have the same view as you have and I do not have to. Your assumption that nothing else will matter is wrong to begin with. My point is yes, everything will matter this moment, this minute, this hour, this day, tomorrow, the day after and forever as long as we continue breathing because the humanity requires that we do not neglect the starving, dying and suffering today..

All issues of humanity are equivalent. We must take care of the young until our last breath, not until a bigger issue is resolved, not tomorrow or day after. It is a wrong argument. You are insisting on your view but not reading what I wrote repetitively before. Even if the Earth is collapsing tomorrow, taking care of the young will matter to the last breath. Do you understand that?

How much do you understand intimately about the climate issue yourself or you just agree with the sentiment in general - that nothing will matter if climate change is not addressed.

1. Do you realize that the damage is done and some is not reversible no matter what we will do?
  2. Do you also know that even if advanced countries agreed and started taking steps to reduce carbon emissions, many countries cannot possible to with carbon because their economies will collapse? Today's latest news - Over 60 countries promise tougher action to curb emissions - but it is called a failure. Conclusion - enough will not be done to stop the damage.

Climate change is a rich man's outcry. It is an issue, the rich man has caused it and the rich man alone must solve it while seeing in his heart what damage its wars, weapon sales, neglect of other human beings in other parts of the world has done to humanity around the world and now it feels to have a fire under own ass for the first time.religious people will say the God is bring a calamity to push the humans for its overload of sins. I do not believe in God but I believe in the overload of sins.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:405924
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.