Agnostic.com

9 11

Peach Blueberry Crumble

• 5-6 thinly sliced peaches peeled and pit removed.
• 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp cornstarch
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp salt
• ¼ cup cold butter

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat the bottom and sides of a 8”x 8” glass pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then gently mix peaches, blueberries, lemon juice and cornstarch in large bowl.

2. In a medium-sized bowl, add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse in a food processor. Grate butter into flour mixture. Pulse until crumbly, use a pastry cutter, or mix with your hands. The mixture should be lumpy and crumbly, hence a crumble.

3. Pour peach mixture into greased pan and spread evenly. Cover fruit mixture with prepared crumble. I put small dots of butter on top.

4. Put a baking sheet under the pan in case it boils over. Bake for one hour, or until the top is slightly browned and the juices from the fruit are bubbling.

5. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve alone or top with vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers.

How To Peal Peaches Easily

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Lower peaches gently into boiling water. Do not crowd the pot. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove peaches and place in ice water to stop the cooking. Keep the water boiling.

If peach skin doesn't slip off easily, into the boiling water again! Place in ice water. Repeat until the skin slips off easily.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey! I had that last week. It was amazing.
Almond flour was substituted for wheat and oats to make it gluten free, plus sliced pecans.

Hurts so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just used this as inspiration for a gf/df version. Substituted a few things that weren’t on hand.
I used frozen mixed berries instead of peaches.
Instead of whole wheat flour I used flaxseed meal and coconut flour along with some shredded coconut.
I used arrowroot powder in place place of the cornstarch.
Didn’t have any brown sugar on hand - replaced it with organic cane sugar and used coconut oil instead of butter.

I’m fairly pleased with it, in spite of the substitutions I made.

Thanks
@LiterareHiker, @Sydland, @Haemish1
Copied to my notes and will try this out.
I love experimenting and changing variations.
My son is allergic to gluten so will mix and blend with the different variations provided.

Looks Yummy. Would like to try it sometime.

Can regular all-purpose flour be used instead of the whole wheat flour?

@KKGator

Whole-wheat flour is more healthy. Use all-purpose flour if you wish.

@LiterateHiker Thank you.
I'm not a fan of whole-wheat anything.
LOL

Looks amazing. Might substitute orange juice for the lemon......

Sounds so good! I love peaches and am obsessed with blueberries. If you haven't ever tried Wymans frozen blueberries, check them out.

Omg, we need a recipe group!

You read my mind! I’ve been craving this 😋

@Justjoni

I'm making Peach Blueberry Crumble right now.

Mixed lemon juice in the peach slices and covered it.

Need to dry my hair.

@LiterateHiker on my way over now 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:406802
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.