Agnostic.com

18 1

Kick start...

How do you infuse a positive mental attitude into your day?

Hutch 7 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try to be very kind to myself. Even if I feel like crap.

I pick up garbage on my dog walk along a creek every morning

Coffee.

I talk myself into it. If you start the day expecting bad things to happen you will find them, because that is what you are looking for.

Start looking for the positves in life and you will find them and it soon starts to become habit.

It feels to me a bit like when you buy a new car - all of a sudden, you see cars like yours everywhere that you had never noticed before. If you are feeling positive, you start to see the positive things around you.

It works for me.

Energy in - rewards out!

just keep focus on the positive. When negative stuff comes around, either fix it, or if nothing can be done go on to what you cn do somethign about.

We either think something or we don't. It's a pet peeve of mine when people want others to "think positively". We can only think what we think. We don't know the process behind it or that we control it or not.

Hutch: off topic, but I wanted to let you know that there is a group on here called Texas Freethinkers.

That's great news... thank you. You should come to Texas

@Hutch Been there. Done that.

@DelilahJones33 ...n probably got the t shirt

@Hutch and a baby lol

@DelilahJones33 ur too hard core... Shirt woulda been fine

@Hutch haha

hopefully you're not arming yourself like your teachers !

I have no idea.

I don't get this at all.

How can you wake up with a negative attitude?

YOU WOKE UP!

YOU'RE ALIVE!

I don't get it.

Stay at it, doing my best at whatever the task ..and it usually happens. Often, there are those 2 steps forward - 1 step back days… But sometimes, there are the 3 solid steps ahead! ...it’s hard to ‘make’ those happen, but they’re worth living for 🙂

Varn Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

Avoid thinking negatively about myself, but that usually only gets me to indifference--not nessesarily positivity.

I just get on Agnostic and have my coffee.

Apparently I don’t

I know this sounds corny but I talk to myself the way I would talk to my kid.

I rarely have such clairvoyance as when talking with one of my kids, if now ‘big kids.’ Never thought of addressing myself with that level of concern 🙂 Good idea ~

@Varn I try hard, and sometimes still fail, to not talk to/treat myself in a way I wouldn’t allow someone to do to my child. ❤

Very cool!

I watch a puppy video on youtube.

I remain mindful of the fact that I have it WAY better than a lot of people, and have
no good reason for complaining about anything.
If that's not working, I play with the dogs, and/or small humans.

Small humans are the BEST. Especially when they like to have conversations with big humans.

great point

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40788
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.