Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK 26 famous artworks re-imagined with smiles and old age filters

Famous art ... with modern editing. (This was fun.) 🙂

SeaGreenEyez 9 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Both Bottocelli portraits look like Johnny Depp and the Grant Woods are brother and sister in front of their Eldon Iowa farmhouse ....computers are marvelous tools

I'd guarantee they didn't have pearly white teeth!

Strange how in many portraits throughout the ages, the posers look extremely serious.

It was to hide the rotten teeth

@LenHazell53
Definitely stands to reason. They had to have grinned occasionally.

@AnonySchmoose Smiling in pictures is actually a very recent phenomenon, it is why the Mona Lisa was for so long considered a unique piece.

@LenHazell53
Very fascinating. I didn't know that before. People could have smiled without opening their mouths. I wonder if there was a reason they weren't portrayed with a closed mouth smile, like Mona Lisa was.

It is funny how a smile changes your perception of some of them, especially Van Gogh and Henry the VIII.

Funny

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 29, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.