Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Debate: Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism - YouTube

Which side are you on and why?

jniece 6 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No it is not. I am a cultural Jew who despises the Zionism that perpetuates Bibi's regime in Israel today. Not the Israel I loved and respected years ago. I am ashamed of the apartheid. If you agree, you are welcome to join us at Jewish by Culture, the group I run.

What does "cultural Jew" mean exactly? You're Atheist raised in Jewish family/community? Forgive me if my question is insensitive. I mean no hostility. Not sure how to ask in perfectly pc way.

@jniece yes I was raised by Jewish parents and denounced my belief in any gods after 10 years of Sunday School. Like many other cultural Jews-we don't practice the religion in a synagogue but like the foods, music and art that come with the Culture. We are vs anti-Semitism and some are activists vs Trump and his racism and hateful wall through a group called Never Again.

@sassygirl3869 "Not the Israel I loved and respected years ago" Now I'm really confused. So you don't believe Jews have right to Israel according to God, but DO believe right to it for another reason? What is difference between that Israel and this one?

@jniece I went to Israel when I was 16-went back in college. I had friends there-Arab and Israeli -I loved them not the govt. The govt wasn't evil back then. The land belonged to Jews and Arabs alike. Believed that then and still now.

@sassygirl3869 k. That was still after kicking the Palestinians out of their homes. Do you think they were justified in doing that? Do "Cultural Jews" marry non-Jews? Do you think BiBi believes God gave Israel to Jews or he's just exploiting that belief? What's with the hatred of Arabs? Where is that belief communicated? The supremacy stuff is exactly like Hitler. How do regular Israelis not recognize that? Are they taught to hate Arabs in school? I don't understand where it comes from.

@jniece #1 I do not get involved in politics in Israel. 2. I don't know or care what they are taught. You are under the assumption all Jews and Arabs do not get along. Sephardic Jews came from Arab countries, Spain, Morocco, North Africa and other Middle East countries. They are looked down upon by European/Ashkenazi Jews and probably get along better w Palestineans. NOBODY should be kicked out of their home-I had Palestinean friends when I lived there. Why do you preume that Israelis are taught to hate Arabs-not true-many programs to bring them together. Why do you care? I don't give a shit about Bibi-he's as bad as trump.

@sassygirl3869 I've seen Arab hatred depicted on Israeli TV. It shocked me. I'm very interested in how people arrive at conclusions that seem antithetical to reality. I'm more interested in the psychology of it than the right v wrong aspect. I care because human lives are tremendously impacted by it. How will anything change if we don't care what others do?

@jniece I care about human rights first and upmost.

In the first minutes of the debate I heard the two terms defined. I skipped to the end and heard the final miinute. The motion anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism was defeated by about 8 to 1.

Started watching the video but can't stand that awful biased bigoted woman Melanie Phillips so gave up

It's great to see both get their asses handed to them in rebuttal though. I thought it was odd though that both pro Israel speakers were women and both anti Israel speakers were men. Just seemed like it should have been the other way around. For some reason when women justify bombing kids it feels worse to me than when men do! Not sure why. odd

Anti-zionism is truth telling....not all zionists are semitic....most USA xians are zionists by voting for military weapons that murder Palestinians in shrinking apartheid ghettos....anti-semitism is low life skin head racist kkk wannabes

What's troublesome to me is Israel has become Nazi Germany. Anyone who thinks ANYONE is justified in doing this is inhuman. You can't behave like Hitler and call yourself a victim while simultaneously calling people who question it bigots. And honestly, I don't give a damn what's "been done to previous generations of a population" It is not self defense to do same to people who have no responsibility in those crimes. Imagine if black people started throwing people out of their houses as justification for slavery. INSANE.

@jniece KNESSET = 4th Reichstag

@GreenAtheist ok. this is 2nd time you've mentioned this. What the heck is it? Google says politcal party of Israel. They are closet Nazis running Israel? Or just equivalent to outrageous ideology?

@GreenAtheist I agree -Do not like Israel today. Not the Israel I knew and lived in. Racism is apartheid and wrong.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410152
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.