Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Petition To Save Ex-Muslim Rayhana Sultan

Please UK authorities protect ethnic-minority women.

Rayhana Sultan lives in the UK.

She is a freethinking Bangladeshi atheist from a religious family. Several Bangladeshi freethinkers have been killed by religious extremists.

Rayhana believes her family are trying to kidnap her, and the UK government and police are not taking this seriously.

UK Home Office gave VISA to Muslim family members of Rayhana. They were harassing her Landlord.

UK Met Police says there is nothing wrong with the family members entering Rayhana's rented house against her will.

Please, UK government and police, help Rayhana.

NekrosAlNar95 3 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for sharing.

She & landlord will need restraining order. In California, the landlord would be unable to use this to end rental agreement with Renter, but in UK, the landlord might be so fed up with the problem that the Rayhana might loose her appt. This endangers her safety & livelihood. She’ll need to file with courts & police severing contact with her family. May need pro bono or civil lawyer to “divorce her” from her family. If her fam members are breaking the law,they can have visas revoked.

I have no idea how things work in the UK, but here, her landlord could
file charges of trespassing with the police, against her family.
She could file a restraining order against her family.
If she is so worried, she should get the media involved.
I'm not signing a petition because I don't think my signature would make a
bit of difference. I can't save her. She needs to do whatever she has to do
to save herself.

Another religious rights issue? Sort of like "honor killing". Maybe start a petition in the UK and US.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.