Agnostic.com

7 2

Having people over

Do you like when people just stop by your house, or do you prefer a heads up?

• 1 vote
  • 14 votes
ashortbeauty 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I seldom have people over, period. I'm a private person and you do not need to see my stuff. Anyone should beware of the parent and child at your door wanting to use the restroom. (Oh, the little girl has to go so bad.) Anyone should beware the person at you door wanting a drink of water. You are being spied on and set up. It's a "doper" situation. These people do not need to be in your house.

Call me if you want to come over. No texting bullshit. Then I decide who can be my company. I do not wear the clothing that people normally see on TV. I also respect my own privacy way more than any outside my door do.

Alrighty then

@ashortbeauty I would make an exception for you. 🙂

@DenoPenno aww thank ya

I used to be fine with people just showing up. But since my kids flew the coop and I can pee, take a bath, and talk on the phone without interruption I have changed, I want a call first and don't be offended if I say another time. Except Ruby, my grand daughter...she is 2 and can come anytime...which means her mom Coral can too.

I'd rather people I love come anytime THAN NOT AT ALL. ....life is so busy turning on a dime if they are passing by close, slow down and come in for a hug, tea, beer or share news that comes best with eye contact and body language .....I have nothing to hide nor play tidy Tommy pick up your toys

A heads up. I might be naked.!?

Definite heads-up

I want a heads up so l will know whether l will be home when they show up.

Sounds reasonable lol

@ashortbeauty Thanks. 🙂

I prefer a heads up. But don’t really need it. Hell my brother and his family drove a thousand miles and showed up on my doorstep at 1am once just to surprise me.

Giving a heads up is the courtesy thing to do.

Wish my mother felt that way lol

@obtusethevague1 I would never just show up at my daughter's. She wouldn't care. I call friends why wouldn't I call her. Sometimes someone showing up doesnt work where it could if they called. I am spontaneous and it was the norm if in the neighborhood...but with cell phones why not call.

Want some level of preparation

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.