Agnostic.com

9 5

QUESTION Scientists Have Established a Link Between Brain Damage and Religious Fundamentalism | Alternet

Scientists Have Established a Link Between Brain Damage and Religious Fundamentalism. This explains a lot about our current political situation.

GoodTimeCharlie 4 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow. The pre frontal cortex is the brain matter just behind the forehead. It is an area that also regulates impulse control. Did Pence have a head injury?

[aol.com]

Is it time to require a brain scan for candidates? How far must we go? Scary times.

I gather that the purpose of the study was not an attempt to link Fundamentalism with brain damaged, but rather to link brain damage with mental flexibility & openess.
"These findings indicate that cognitive flexibility and openness are necessary for flexible and adaptive religious commitment, and that such diversity of religious thought is dependent on dlPFC functionality."

cava Level 7 Mar 22, 2018

Given the source you might want to go back to the original study to find out if it's factual or not. I tend to go with the peer reviewed rather than an opinion on peer reviewed.

First I've heard of this. I'm not surprised.

I have read similar articles, like this.

I should have been a little clearer on this. The articles I have read, indicated mental issues. This one is new to me and interesting read too.

Why is this not surprising? 🙂

LOL! Yup.

Yeah, I suspected this...from the age of about three.

Was this study peer reviewed and is it repeatable?

LOL -

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41060
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.