Agnostic.com

16 3

I hate those lists off get to know you questions, so here's a fun game: tell me one quirky thing about you. Mine's in the comments.

Nottheonlyone 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to work in a prison and even today, I don't like for people to walk closely behind me. I'll stop walking until they pass. Lol!

Lani Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

I have insomnia by default so I need a fan on to fall asleep and to have my bed made a certain way to the point of OCD among other things

IanD Level 3 Mar 22, 2018

I can sleep when out in the surf waiting for a wave

I have so many its hard to be specific. But I guess one is singing to my dogs. And within earshot of sane people. They do seem to like it though.

There are so many videos of people singing to their pets! You aren't alone. (Also I do this).

I try to only take jobs where I can walk to work; this includes 'live in' type positions...to date, I have had eight or so such gigs, (between firings) including my present one of chef at a coffee shop...
However, I find that I tend to count my steps as I walk, which irritates me as I do this. So, to get around this, I deliberately recite the words to a song as I walk...my default song is David Bowie's 'Life on Mars'
Perfectly normal, right?

Absolutely. Not quirky at all. ?

I must sleep with a crocheted afghan so that I can stick my toes through the holes.

I do things in odd numbers. Cruise control has be at 71 or 73 or 75. Thermostat has to be 75 or 77 or 79. If I am eating grapes, I make sure I eat an odd number.

This! Except I'm the opposite, everything has to be even for me. The volume on the TV has to be 12, 14 or 16. I even make sure I chew the same amount on each side, again even.

I always put on my left sock - then my right. Then my left shoe - then my right. No real reason for this - im not superstitious.

gater Level 7 Mar 22, 2018

I do, too. Not sure that one's very quirky, but I accept it!

@Nottheonlyone If I accidently pick up the right shoe 1st - I set it down and get the left - it even seems odd to me - but I still do it.

I rub my feet together. I don't realize I'm doing it sometimes. Just helps me think or something I don't know why I do it.

I hate walking around in bare or sock feet. I'll take my shoes off in someone's home, if it's clear that it's expected, but if I can plan for it I bring some soft-soled, slipper-like, indoor-only shoes to walk around in. My feet get awfully cold otherwise, which is bad enough, but I also have a fear of injuring my feet and toes. I don't even walk around my own house without shoes, except in the early morning just going to and from the bathroom. And when people come to my house, I prefer that they keep their shoes on. I don't need their fungus-infested feet sloughing off that biohazard all over my carpets.

I hate wearing shoes. I'm often teased about always being barefoot

@SherryMartin I didn't even like being barefoot when I was a little kid. I've really never been comfortable walking around without shoes.

I absolutely cannot stand to have my feet touched. My kids learned at a young age not to touch mommy’s feet. Tried getting a pedi with my daughter a few years ago and almost died (slight exaggeration). My daughter about peed her pants laughing at me.

Ticklish? Or just a hard limit? 😉

@RavenCT it just feels icky. I have to wear socks to bed year round because I don’t like the feeling of them touching the sheets. Rarely take them ?

So yes, hard limit.

I have a lot, particularly food related. I'm Sally from When Harry Met Sally.

I still like making sand castles on the beach with my now teen-aged daughter.

Awwwwwweeeee..... 🙂

@Donotbelieve I must have 20 or 30 pictures of "castles" we made while on vacation in HI on my FB.

I HATE multiple switches for one light. Because you know, one is always in the down position while the other in the up position. I'm not saying I spend a considerable amount of time making sure both switches are in the same position according to whether the light is on or off...

Don't judge me.

Made me laugh. 🙂

Take the cover off and turn the switch over.

I've got one like that in the house - and it makes me crazy when a bulb goes - because I don't know if I'm going to blind myself when I replace the bulb? lol

I'm dairy intolerant but have tried over 100 types of cheese.

I'm lactose intolerant, too, but I carry Lactaid with me wherever I go.

Sometimes I grind my teeth at night, so when I'm feeling stressed out, I'll chew a piece of sugarless gum in my sleep to prevent it. I've never lost a piece!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41361
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.