Agnostic.com

12 15

People need a little more Satan in their lives.

Jaye 5 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why I'm a Satanist

Don't Believe in Satan Either. Satan just means the Adversary. Satan and Other Demons used to be considered agents of God and Doing Gods Will. It was only later that they were imagined to be agents against God. Here is what the Religious want us to believe: Satan is the absolute worst being that has ever existed (besides god of course), knows who god is and how powerful he is, but yet won'tserve him and has no fear of him. God can only create some convoluted loophole that frees people from sin, Sends innocent people to Hell for eternity, and can't do a damn thing about this asshole. It's Ludicrous I tell you!

@Jaye Nooooo! Not at all. I got that the point of the meme was to show how even the Satanic Bible has good stuff in it

Believing in Satan is about the same as believing in God. Despite what the Christians like to think of Athiests, we don't believe in any diety, be it up above, or down below. You can't be a non-believer who believes that some entity lives in a place called hell anymore than a god who lives in a place called heaven.

My favorite band

Phin Level 6 Mar 22, 2018

Snap ghost clergy are my fb dp and cover photo

Someone called?

Been following the "tweet of god" on twitter; the other day someone turned me on to @s8tn and I'm now a follower of Satan also!

Based on this exchange:
@TweetOfGod: (replying to Franklin Grahm exulting that his father is now in heaven) "Your father is burning in hell, Franklin."

@S8tn: Can confirm that.

Satan exists only for the benefit of Christianity. Love, Hate, Ying & Yang, Sweet Sour, Sturn and Strang, Happy and Sad, Night and Day, the Sun and the Moon. Antonyms and Synonyms make us what we strive to become or not.

Wait just one minute here. There is a problem in the wording.

"...not make sexual advances unless they are reciprocated."

In order for one to reciprocate, an advance must be made. Okay, let's see, how about we change reciprocated to invited? If we did that, then the advance is no longer needed on the part of the other party and some question is raised about the person doing the inviting. You see, to invite one must make an advance. Oh my, our linguistic troubles are getting worse. Now, I know most people will understand the inference of the sentence in the meme, and the responses I've read here support that notion, but no matter how one approaches the inference, the structure used in the meme doesn't work, no matter what words are used.

Anyone here have any ideas how the intended meaning in the meme could be worded so that it actually makes sense? Before you ask, yes, I know how. I want to see who and/or how many see the problem and can solve it. Consider it an intellectual challenge.

@Jaye -- It makes complete sense from the understanding of intent, but it is verbal salad when one considers the actual meaning of the words and how they are structured. Something akin to a Trump speech.

Do not reciprocate unless sexual advances are made...

It doesn't make sense. Period. the only way one could make sexual advances is if they ask the person if flirtatious and sexual inuendo is OK with them.

@Tynorth -- Yep....

If the advance is declined, then it is not reciprocal & the Will may not be used to suvjugate or subvert. Domination & ownership are not the goals. Woman is every bit as Human as Man. These are temples, not just sacks of meat. To be welcomed into the Sanctum & offer Worship. If you cannot pickup on social cues & indicators of interest, do not Advance on what you do not Understand. That would be to objectify & trample over what is most sacred. Have the courage to use your words inorder to Question. That is how you have clarity with intent when the iconography & meaning of those words we use are understood. We could certainly get philiological & mince our words, split hairs. To say that this is akin to a Trumpism is fairly insulting in generalization.

@AlgosLethe -- I see you didn't understand. The meme is word salad. Trump speeches are often word salad, particularly when he doesn't stay on script. I was looking at the wording and its lack of meaning. I know what the intent is.

Sounds about right

Nuff said!

That is interesting. Never read the Satanic Bible.

It is a good book. I'm all about humans viewed as the animals we are. I can do without so much ritual, but the book is pretty good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.