Agnostic.com

48 9

What's the largest obstacle that holds you back from being the person you want to be?

Mea 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Money is certainly a factor, but I know exactly what holds me back, like so many others have said here - it's myself, and if I could tackle certain aspects of my personality, the lack of money wouldn't be as much of an issue. I have a fear of success and the responsibilities that come with it, I'm a procrastinator, I'm lazy (I'd rather spend my time binging on netflix or other guilty pleasures than be productive most of the time), and right now, my physical health is an issue. So...fix me, and I'm golden.

Interesting. Let's get together

Hahahahaha!

My choices

Oops! Posted twice saying the same thing . Sorru

It's fine! Lol.

Me getting in the way of myself.

What's holding me back? Me getting on the way of myself.

Men. I have a bad habit of putting their needs above mine, but getting divorced and working on myself (with the help of my amazing therapist) has helped me remember who I am, and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm pretty thrilled that I can see and acknowledge red flags these days, and I can honestly say that I have the self-confidence to walk away when it's warranted.

Also, time. I have a love-hate relationship with my schedule, and while it keeps me financially stable, it's hard to reconcile that with my need for down time, social time, volunteer time, etc.

Lack of support, family , professional of that sort.

Within myself, there's my ADD, which makes it difficult for me to see projects through to completion. In the world, there's a lack of resonance due (I believe) to generally lower intelligence, which makes it difficult for me to find an audience for my art.

The person that people think I am, and the fear of shattering that illusion.

Me.

The idea that I'm not worthwhile and will never be enough for anyone, so everyone will always leave. It holds me back from even trying to make friends, date, anything really.

You are worthwhile, just be enough for you right now. The rest will come later.

My son not being able to be here anymore, and my having to be.

Money. I don't need a lot, just more than what I have. Scaping by here.

The person I love most in the world

miffy Level 5 Mar 22, 2018

Intriguing dilemma.

@Mea yes, and it’s hard

Myself, of course.

Not being mature enough to overcome my bad habits.

Narcolepsy. Also childhood abuse.

Fighting daily with that myself. Keep your chin up and remember, it's not your fault.

Money.

Dissociation and confusion of my general identity. I’d say now tho is letting go of my expectations of myself and my life I feel happier in the moment

I want to he Batman...so The batmobile, batcave, batcopter. Utility belt and of course Robin......lol
Then I will be needing some arch enemies!!!

Money, steady income.

If I find out what exactly that would be, I'll give it a try. Right now everything is being handled on a case by case basis.

Money is the Largest Obstacle Beacuse I feel guilty not being able to help people in my life that need me and need my help

Since I would like to be a full-time world traveler, I would say the biggest obstacle is money. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.