Agnostic.com

3 0

SHOULD PARTICIPANTS OF THIS SITE CELEBRATE A HOLIDAY THAT DEMONIZES WITCHES??

Halloween tends to demonize Witches, portraying them as evil & perhaps devil worshipers.

Many of them were wise women who represented the feminine spirit. They were often into natural healing & respect for nature.

They often had non christian & non traditional beliefs. Many appear to have agnostics, atheists, humanists, freethinkers, & skeptics, much akin to the people on this site.

Some were martyred for their beliefs by being burned at the stake.

Should we celebrate a holiday that presents people like us as evil???

Remiforce 7 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd be fine with banning Halloween. Spiders everywhere! Fuck spiders!

I don't have much respect for any of the holidays these days. I'm kindof a downer and a btch though. Halloween celebrates witches.

MsAl Level 8 Oct 23, 2019

Like there are people who celebrate Christmas because it's a fun time of year and giving presents et cetera, Halloween, since I didn't believe in any of that shit was about getting candy and wearing costumes. Non-religious.

P. S. Your argument suggests that The wizard of Oz would somehow also be or should be banned for saying that there could be a bad witch

lerlo Level 8 Oct 23, 2019

Sure there can be bad witches. Some used their knowledge of herbalism to poison the village well to retaliate against their oppression. Some used their knowledge of psychomatic medicine to kill people by throwing hexes, but the great majority of witches didn't do things like that

@Remiforce so if someone supposedly dressed up as a bad witch is handing out candy doesn't that balance out?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:417131
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.