Agnostic.com

12 16

How to get lactic acid out of your muscles

Move your muscles the same way. That's the hard part. And drink lots of water.

My legs are painfully throbbing after hiking 6.2 miles with 3,000' elevation gain yesterday.

That's the brief hell of backpacking. Stumble out of the tent, stiff and groaning. But after a mile of hiking, your muscles are warmed up.

Today Karen and I will hike steeply to Clara and Marion Lakes. It's Golden Week in the Cascade Mountains of Eastern Washington!.

Northern Larches are one of only two conifers in North America that drop their needles in the Fall. For one glorious week in October, they blaze with gold.

Here's the view at Clara Lake last October. Here we go!

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Re deciduous conifers in N America, are you referring to the bald cypress ? There are also the Eastern and Western larches.

@Moravian

Northern Larch:

[wta.org]

@LiterateHiker I was referring to your comment "northern larches are one of only two deciduous conifers in N. america". Maybe you were grouping the larches together but Eastern Larch or Tamarack, Western larch and Northern Larch are distinct species.

such peaceful pic of the lake

after a hard day of hiking in the mountains i find the best way for me to wind down is drinking ambidextrously.

If you don't do it in the first place your muscles will be fine and no pain.

@Jolanta

I want to stay strong and flexible with good balance. Use it or lose it.

Strong muscles including your core help prevent falls.

I want to hike into my 90s because it gives me so much joy.

@LiterateHiker Oh, and here was me thinking that sex was your first and foremost interest, he, he.

Thanks all for the tips. I thought I had to just grin and bare it

Cinco Level 5 Oct 23, 2019

Vitamin C does wonders for sore muscles.

Movement/mild exercise and plenty of fluids works best. The soreness should peak 1 1/2-2 days after you overdid it.

I usually end my time at the gym by swimming in the pool. I fidn a swim at the end of w workout usually greatly reduces the lactic acid build up in my muscles.

Beautiful, be careful about doing too much,it's very easy to damage muscles as we age

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 23, 2019

but you gotta do what gotta do

@pattisabby ok but ripped or torn muscles take a long time to heal and tendons and ligaments much longer

Gorgeous pictures and great advice!😉

Beautiful country. 🙂

Yes, water and get the blood flowing works well.. for extreme cases, your doctor can help..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:417335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.