Agnostic.com

2 1

Newest Consciousness theory

Consciousness only exists in a quantum state. It is like the "apparent relative motion" between one moment to the next, spanning them both. You cannot measure it in single moment because it is just a continuity of the gaps.

Good news though - free of the constraints imposed by linear time it expands to the whole universe. namaskar.

JeffMesser 8 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Metaphysical wind wanderings.

I think I follow what you are saying, and the idea resonates. Consciousness is universal but we do not know that as long as we cling to the illusion of time.

As an analogy, think of a film reel. While viewing the movie we see one frame at a time, in a prescribed sequence, and that gives us our illusory reality. Look at the film all rolled up on its reel and we realize that what we thought was time was only the prescribed sequence.

This is not some fanciful idea—even physicists are saying that time is an illusion.

exactly Bill. spot on. I used the flip book to describe it to someone yesterday. when you're flipping the pages it appears to have motion but while still there is nothing. I think this might be the illusion spoken of by Buddha in the Dhamapadda and Adi Shankaracharya in his Vivekachudamani reference. I actually like your film analogy better because the "roll it up" makes sense. My analogy only gets to that by talking about linear time not being binding past the 3rd dimension - yours is easier to grasp for illustration. This is similar to motor action field strength calculations done in calculus because they are only an issue at all when there is relative motion between a magnetic field and a current carrying conductor. Absent that differential a field doesn't exist. So the calculation is delta this and delta that blah blah blah. I need some math skills. This is the same theory some are projecting for the hard gravity problem in quantum states. In classical physics we use newton to solve it ... but when you add in time it doesn't even exist. That was Einstein's relativity discovery. namaste.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:417560
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.