Agnostic.com

5 2

1983, generation x? As I was growing up we were known as gen.x. everything marketed towards my age group referenced generation x, and the term 'mellinial' had not even been coined yet, at least I was never knowledgeable of it if there was. Apparently there is some debate about the generations beginnings and endings. I have provided a reasearched graph that seems to be most accurate. What do you think?

Adorkable 6 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its a bit too generalised but humans as a whole have lost a lot of social skills since social media

yes, its just crap really but I do have a few uses for it at the moment.

I like to help animals and sell my art and if I'm bored play devils advocate to someone religious. seems appropriate.

I'm a Millennial.

Good chart-makes sense to me

Generations are strange and arbitrary. There are those that use the term Xennial to refer to the microgeneration in the X/Millennial overlap.
Personally, I think categorizing generations works better in very broad strokes--the effect they had/have on culture is a more useful bit of info than the particular birth years, which has some wiggle room.

Where do the slackers fit in? And, I wonder what they called the folks born, say, shortly aftetr the Civil War?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.