Agnostic.com

4 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It works both ways. I have a friend who transitioned from male to female. She's quite probably the most capable and experienced person I know in the field of IT. She gets talked over in meetings by men who've been doing it nowhere near as long and know a lot less. They steal her ideas and pass them off as their own. This is someone who can put together a server with her eyes shut, but still gets "Do you need some help plugging that monitor in?"

There is a general expectation that women won't understand anything more complicated than a washing machine. It needs to change. (Actually, most washing machines are bloody complicated these days. I challenge anyone to use one correctly without reading the instructions.)

Watch Ted Talk - I've lived as a man and a woman and here's what I learned.

Paula Williams

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, probably deserved, but I am going to tell it like I feel.

I am not sympathetic toward transgenders in general. I am sympathetic in a general, indifferent way, but that's all. This is illogical, because I am actually quite empathetic toward them.

I've had a bad experience with a transgender, and I feel like they are too pushy. I don't care what their sexual or gender orientation is, but I don't like anyone--straight, gay, or otherwise--publicly flaunting and shoving their preferences in my face. And demanding special recognition.

I also just don't care about them and don't want to hear about them.

I apologize if I've offended anyone; I'm just stating my thoughts.

marga Level 7 Mar 23, 2018

@Palacinky Hmmm, I might think you were talking about me... 🙂

I am pretty sure that is the case. Many conservatives think Obama's wife Michelle was transgender. I know some of them. I used to argue with them but have since stopped. I keep asking them about the two children but apparently they are adopted even though they resemble their parents.. Their proof. They saw a bump in Michelle's slacks.

Are the people you speak of racists? Just guessing, but one can't automatically assume from just that single weird belief.

@Condor5 Certainly misinformed. They glean all of their info from Fox news and I know there was someone on Fox talking about this theory.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.