Agnostic.com

15 2

Is atheism in America still worst than ANY religion?

I remember hearing many years ago that in America being an atheist was worst than having faith in ANY religion. Atheists were treated with suspicion (most likely due to the Cold War and the “godless communist” enemy).
Has the tide turned in a post-9.11 and (post-)Daesh world? Are the atheists off the hook, taken over by Muslims(Islamists or not)?

SergeyCornwall 4 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since my last name is extremely religious...by the time they recover from finding out I am Atheist I had walked far away from them....LOL

@iamjc With "S".

I was in california four times and didn't meet any god botherers

As a brown man, I stopped getting "randomly searched" at airports at my 35-50% rate about a year ago. So regardless of what the demander in chief and his mindless followers have to say, I think the fear of the brown muslim threat is waning.

Worse. One would be worse than two. Three would be the worst.

From my own experience, Atheists (most of the time) don't recieve outright hate. What we get is passive aggressive "Ill pray for you"s and "But don't you want to be with your family in Heaven"

The counutry would be better off if everyone did do away with religion and god. I'm glad I saw the light before it was to late.

I always refer to Pew. [pewforum.org]

I'm not in the U.S but in Northern Ireland where there has been a lot of unrest concerning religion, strangely atheists are rarely talked about here as long as we are quiet its a free passage the struggle is definitely still protestant v catholic

This trump administration and mike pence (revisionist therapy) have villaniized Democrats and people who hate God-atheists.

November can't come soon enough

I would say we were the fasted growing group, as I strongly believe that many of the younger generations clearly see through the bullshit MUCH sooner than we did !!!

or our generation/the internet paved the way

I think many people get trapped by the feeling that it’s easier to believe in SOMETHING (just in case) than it is to accept that nothing exists in which to believe. The emptiness is too vast and cold to be embraced by the weak-minded.

[pewforum.org]

Hardly any better lol. Eh, our approval is like 9% better now since 2014.

I just posted the same article. Nice to see, Austin

Hmmm...idk?

What’s idk?

@SergeyCornwall I don't know. IDK.

Nope. It is better regarded than being Moslem.

Nope. Atheists are still viewed to be worse than muslims.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.