Agnostic.com

29 6

Sex appeal in workplace?

Should women use sex appeal in the workplace? Exclude workplaces that "require" sex appeal!
Does this not damage the idea of women being equal in the workplace? Earning their keep like majority men have done. Skill set, intelligence, personallity or good work ethics?
Now i know still to this day men hold most of the authoritative power in most companies? Therefore making those decisions.

RiddleMeThis 4 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And how is it going to be policed exactly?

@RiddleMeThis
These things are already done in most of corporate jobs. “ Looks?” People are born this way. Should someone be punished for being attractive?

There’s more to this then you are explaining.

NO CLEAVAGE ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . Everyone should wear: socks and pants and long-sleeve-shirts and jackets. This way the heat can be set to a common level and we will not have to hear from the mostly naked women that the office is TOO cold.

It's an advantage to be good looking for both men and women, and even if you dress and behave conservatively you enjoy the advantage. But having an affair with the boss can easily cost one or both of you your jobs.

I'm pretty sure I understand the argument about sex in the workplace. I think we'll go through a phase where the principle of the thing will be judged more important than anything else and then revert to our human desire for the opposite sex, flirting and doing the bold thing with workmates. It makes me think of the time the Puritans took over in England and the people couldn't wait to get back to being ruled by decadent kings.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421482
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.