Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Workplace memos from the boss from Hell

From an obituary in the Las Vegas Sun:

The 1970s memos from multimillionaire oil baron Edward Mike Davis to his employees have been described as bizarre, aggressive and — if you have a certain sense of humor — quite hilarious after they made their way to the internet.

“Do not speak to me when you see me,” Davis, then-owner of Houston-based Tiger Oil, wrote in one of the memos. “If I want to...speak to you, I will do so. I want to save my throat.”

... Davis wheeled and dealed in oil speculation ventures and once convinced billionaire Kirk Kerkorian to allocate $684 million to buy Denver-based Delta Petroleum Co.

altschmerz 9 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As an introvert, I wouldn't speak to him anyway as I rarely acknowledged my previous bosses. How rude of ME!

Asshole

Controlling jerk.

Tosser.

This memo I copied and pasted has been floating around for years.

TO: All Employees
Subject: Special High Intensity Training
In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees well trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are trying to give employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else.

If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your manager. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and our managers are especially skilled at seeing that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.

Employees who don’t take their S.H.I.T. will be placed in Departmental Employee Evaluation Programs (D.E.E.P S.H.I.T.). Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to Employee Attitude Training (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.). Since our managers took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don’t have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.

If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job training others. We can add your name to our Basic Understanding Lecture List. (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.).

Those who are full of B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. will get the S.H.I.T.jobs, and can apply for promotion to Director Of Intensity Programming (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.).

If you have further questions, please direct them to our Head Of Training, Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T.S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,
Boss In General, Special High Intensity Training (B.I.G. S.H.I.T.)

Okay tied for best memo ever written.

@Flowerwall Please post the tied memo. We’ll ask Admin to lay max points on both you and Mark013.

This has got to be the best memo ever written, "“Do not speak to me when you see me,” Davis, then-owner of Houston-based Tiger Oil, wrote in one of the memos. “If I want to...speak to you, I will do so. I want to save my throat.”

@altschmerz I would have been joyful as an employee to get this memo. Yeah then the only other half would require avoiding the boss in case he did want to speak.

Reminds me of one of my bosses who when interrupted in the middle of a rant, screamed at the whole office
"Shut the fuck up when you speak to me!"

@LenHazell53 That would have been an amusing one to witness!

@Flowerwall I can only assume he meant for people shut up when he was talking but succumbed to a Freudian slip

Working in HR, I can relate to this post. I wished I could say this to adults sometimes!

I can only imagine what was going on to have triggered that kind of response. 🤔😒

Not a lot, back in the 70's bosses thought themselves on a level with Greek gods, if they were not tossing lightening bolts they were trying to impregnate the women.

LOL 😁 ☺️🤭! It's funny to an outsider but I bet his employees didn't think this stuff was funny...

Well some one obviously thought it important enough or funny enough to smuggle out a xerox copy lol

I would like to think they laughed at the craziness of it all the time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:422484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.