Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Homelessness Among the Elderly Expected to Triple in 10 Years - Invisible People

This is sad, and scary. I am just a few weeks from turning 62.

HippieChick58 9 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am coming to realize that it is becoming really hard not to end up homeless. I had a retirement account but a number of recessions has helped that go away. I work, have social security, and no debt other than a car and home. We are going through a foreclosure process that we are getting help with, but eventually if work slows or the economy makes it go away, or Social Security goes away then what do we all do?

Break out the Guillotine s..

Having been homeless for nearly 2 years, I witnessed an increase in elderly clients in that time. It was as if homeless shelters have become public dumping grounds for the eldery.

I could see me ending up that way. I think I will check out if it gets to that point.

With trump and Mitch in office will get worse, that is a major reason to get rid of them quick

Two nights ago , a man at his sixties came through the ER . Unspecified chest pain , and overall weakness . Admited for stress test and it was negative . A disable man , post polio 40 yrs ago , but functioning enough to be independent .
A lot things did not sat right w me and my brains that night , and many of the things he said just wasn't exactly right w my assessment .
I went home and collapsed that morning and went back last night . He was still at hospital , I found him in the unit / room and visited on my break . We talked about Barnes and nobles , Italian food , and his foot that it seems like is growing some fungi . Finally , i took a look of his belongings at the bed side , and it just hit me , " where do u live "?
It took teeth pooling for real , but he admited that for the last two months he lives in his car 🙁
Capitol one repossessed his house after 15 yrs , some how he explained some deal that he did few yrs ago that did not worked out and his social security and disability will not pay the mortgage any longer .
I thinks that's bullshit . My dogs having it better than a human being , that makes me nauseous . Case management got involvement this morning and paperwork will start for him to file for Medicaid . Mean x will send him to rehab center ( qualifies , plenty of diagnoses ), and hoping he ll end up to a shity nursing home afterwards for rest of his life , but at least 3 meals w salad and dessert and not in a car . I want my taxes to pay for such deals . Humans living on the street , and the year is 2019, no 🙁

MoscowMitch is trying to cut Social Security and medical which will only exacerbate the problem. Horrifying.

MizJ Level 8 Nov 5, 2019

@altschmerz I think you give them way to much credit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:422637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.