Agnostic.com

6 2

Does aggressive music cause a person to become aggressive?

I've been told when I was young to stay away from certain kinds of music or it would negatively affect me and create someone I would regret to be. I have become a lot more lenient on music choices, though I still couldn't listen very long to thrasher or heavy metal music. Not my type. But does it really control a person??

Biblebeltskeptic 6 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If that were true, this song would be "psycho"logically confusing ;P

No! If you are aggressive you will be aggressive by listening to Simon & Garfunkel or The Wombles.

Whoever told you that had an agenda. It reminds of when kids in late 90’s were tod not to listen to Marilyn Manson or Slipknot.

The same as we were told not to listen to The Rolling Stones or The Who but settle for those cuddly Beatle abominations!

What about propaganda as musicians say...kill kill kill in rhythm?

@Puzzlement Don’t know of any!

Nope. It helps me channel my aggression into something more positive. I've played in rock bands for years, and it has helped me work out any testosteroney feelings.

Having spent my life playing and hanging out in bars, it is the alcohol that fans the flames, not the music.

Usually I match my music with my mood, activity/task.
Working out, usually listen to heavy metal.
Designing in the studio, usually listen to classical. Also if I'm in a traffic jam, definitely listen to classical.
When I'm pulling an all-nighter trying to meet a deadline, then it's more synthwave, or techno.
There was a study showing 'most' metal heads are happier than most, read the full article here:
[loudersound.com]

I'll read that. Thanks!

I'll look over this. Awesome.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:423684
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.