Agnostic.com

10 13

Anonymous author writes Trump's decision-making is eroding over time

In the book excerpts, the author describes near-daily "five-alarm fire drill" that leads senior officials to cancel plans and race to the White House to intercept Trump before he can enact his latest "wacky or destructive idea."

"Staff throw up the Bat-Signal, calling a snap meeting or a teleconference. 'He's about to do something,' one warns the group, explaining what the president is about to announce.

The author, described only as "a senior Trump administration official," is the same person who wrote an op-ed in The New York Times last year headlined, "I am part of the resistance inside the Trump administration." The column said "many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations."

"If the aim was to educate this new commander in chief, they couldn't submit a fifty-page report entitled something like 'Integrated National Strategy for Indo-Pacific Partnership and Defense,' expect him to read it, and then discuss it,' according to the excerpts.

"That would be like speaking Aramaic to Trump through a pillow; even if he tried very hard to pay attention, which he didn't, he wouldn't be able to understand what the hell he was hearing."

In excerpts published separately by The Washington Post, the author likens Trump to "a twelve-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway and the flights frantically diverting away from the airport."

"I've sat and listened in uncomfortable silence as he talks about a woman's appearance or performance," according to the Post's excerpts.

"He comments on makeup. He makes jokes about weight. He critiques clothing. He questions the toughness of women in and around his orbit. He uses words like 'sweetie' and 'honey' to address accomplished professionals. This is precisely the way a boss shouldn't act in the work environment."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The sick part is how Christians adore him. 🤮

I'm not exactly sure I needed the heads up,😒 but yeah I read that.

WHAT, you mean Humpty tRumpty ACTUALLY makes decisions?

Fake news for sure.

When I despair about British politics and think about how could this get any worse, and then it does, I remember there is another country with worse leadership.... America.

Unfortunately we in Australia have a Happy Clappy in charge at the moment.

@Jolanta Hey, are you pinching my 'Happy Clappy, Jesus Chappy bit?
That's okay, use it whenever or wherever you so desire,after all, it is FREE for anyone to use.

As far as I can see, his decision making has always been miserable. But he is becomming more of an asshole every day.

I don’t believe his decision making is eroding: He’s been a misogynistic megalomaniac his entire life. The difference is he’s now running the United Corporations of America instead of Trump Inc., so his decisions don’t merely fuck with his company’s projects, contractors, and employees, but with the entire world.

Way out of his comfort zone. He needs more frat parties and less governing.

Like many of us, his age is showing.

More of the trump saga

It's all that adderall he snorts!

Just a asshole at heart

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:423826
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.