Agnostic.com

3 8

Todays Parkland Fl Heroes

sassygirl3869 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Proud of them for the stand they are taking.

Things are changing. I see this as a potential tipping point I have been waiting (and working) for, for 30+ years!!

Lets make the gun industry and the NRA account for all their evil crap.

Had an interesting but civil conversation about guns with my 22 yr old daughter who is pro-guns. Mentioned since guns were outlawed in Japan/China they have had high no of stabbings in kindergartners. Made some progress with my conspiracy theory Jesse already.

@sassygirl3869 Why do we keep having this either or mentality. What happened to a sensible middle road. All the important things in our lives are regulated why not the one thing that is killing so many of us?? The NRA really believes in overkill so maybe now it's their turn to be killed.

Responsible people can be trusted with guns .The problem is finding them. Back ground checks are only good at time of purchase. There needs to be some monitoring system imposed. Domistic violence should automatically require the gun owner to give up guns at time a police report is filed also license. Those with mental problems should by family action require all guns to be removed from the individual or locked in a safe approved by a police visit. and deny access to them. A three year review of license should be conducted. I belong to a gun club 1000 strong . for 14 years and there has not been one gun related incident among the members during this time. Most agree to having more restrictions and some NRA guys do not. There are some in every crowd..

I think I am middle of the road on guns

@Marine Again, there are lots of complexities. A German report a number of years ago showed how having a gun can change some people's way of thinking. Kind of like an addiction - some are prone to addiction and some are not. The Germans have a strong hunting and gun culture and yet they are able to regulate weapons and still allow people to have them.

The pproblem is people with no or limited experience try to make the laws when the people that shoot are excluded and they know what would work. Finger print triggers, and the irems stated below would help also requalification every three years with a medical report by a license renewal doctor.

@Marine More complexities. One big one is who pays for all this? Doctor's exams, requalification exams and on and on. It would make for more expensive guns and then people would say it is discriminatory against the poor. I saw something that helped me understand the 18 year old being able to have rifles but not handguns. People want to have their kids be able to hunt with them. But why can't assault weapons be banned? Here on Lopez, high powered rifles are banned for hunting. The reason is that most of the hunting areas are also trail areas. Pistols, muzzle loaders, shotguns, and crossbows are allowed. More complexities which are regional.

Yes assault weapons should be banned.

These kids provide some hope for the future. They do not appear to be dumb as some of us have been.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.