Agnostic.com

5 4

QUESTION Week 11/2018 in the Death with Dignity Movement

Death with Dignity progress
Many have expressed interest in this issue. It seem the time is ripe for the right to die movement.

JackPedigo 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I raise animals for a living. When one is beyond healing, it is anesthetized and humanely put down. I watched my mother die a horrid death, basically by dehydration. Wished I could have called the vet and gotten some of the purple stuff. Mom would have wanted it. Horrible the way we treat our people in the name of “humanity.”

You make a good point: they find it acceptable to make one continue to live when life is so torturous, but withholding sustenance is acceptable? It's so wrong.

Along with atheists coming out of the closet

One of the few things Switzerland does right.

I fully support the movement. As sad as it is, many of us will be left in a position that does not allow us to go through the long painful, drawn out, expensive process of dying naturally. Making a decision about death is no different than making any other decision. for those of us that try to live life with dignity death is just another part of it.

We treat a suffering dog better than we do our suffering loved ones.

This is so true.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42638
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.