Agnostic.com

13 0

do souls truly exists?

if there's really a soul in our bodies what does it really do?

trukky 3 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Souls have been debunked.

No, just no.

Of course I would like to think so. How bizarre is it for a being or thing to be here one moment, not the next? Completely vanished.
Even if we just become lint on shirt.
E.g. prion disease. "Prions cannot be destroyed by boiling, alcohol, acid, standard autoclaving methods, or radiation. In fact, infected brains that have been sitting in formaldehyde for decades can still transmit spongiform disease. Cooking your burger 'til it's well done won't destroy the prions!"

New forms of our universe are being discovered all the time, dark matter, neutrinos and a bunch of other types of energy/parts of atoms that escape me at the moment.
Those things are not faith, they're scientific discoveries.
I saw a special on PBS/Nova a few years ago that had me in tears "Quantum Leap" I believe it was and part of a series.
I don't think one has to be religious to consider there are other factors to our universe that are out of our understanding and current consciousness.

Our souls exist, for sure 🙂

electrical impulses through your brain, solely!!

I do not believe that there is a soul or spiritual entity in our bodies.

Soul to me means the 'essence' of me. What energies I give off; everything that is personal to me; that which makes up me. Do I believe it exists without me? No. When I die, where does it go? No scientific evidence for the way I see it, but once my brain stops functioning so does my soul.

Ok on how you feel. To me, admitting to voodoo is saying i agree that there's spirits that can be conjured and controlled to do harm to others. That ghosts exist. That theres place that people stay after death. That a person can control negative thoughts and send harm to others. I always take the scientific approach. I can't say im an agnostic but i believe in voodoo.

You could probably do a test under controlled conditions but it'd be immoral. That and you would need to artificially produce a minimum of 9 babies from the same DNA.

So the answer for the moment is maybe.

I kinda like the idea of a secular soul. It represents your personality, your moral beliefs, who you are as a person. I see no reason we can't secularize some of religion's better ideas.

Dylan Level 5 Nov 19, 2017

I hate the word 'soul'. I mean... what does anyone mean by it?

The only appropriate use for this word is to indicate the 'true essence' of something, which is like, super non-corporeal symbolism.

I say don't even fucking worry about it. It's literally a non-issue. You can't lose your soul, you can't give it away, it cannot be fragmented... its just a shadowy concept, a virtual 'nothing'-word that religious people use to scare you.

What’s the ontological significance of personality? Does number exist? Do universals exists?

Everything I've read tells me yes and tells me no. I've made the choice to follow a scientific approach from well respected and responsible people. I choose no. Theres no ghosts. Theres no witchcraft spells. Theres no voodoo. You can sleep peacefully at night knowing nothing's in the closet or under your bed.

no there's voodoo I've witnessed a situation where a bunch of bees from no where filled a classroom and attacked just some specific people they were sent go I was amazed

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.