Agnostic.com

26 4

Do you 'wear your heart on your sleeve'?

What are your thoughts about this?

By atheist8
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not as much as I used to, but I'm not very good at hiding my emotions. If I have an emotion I express it and I think the more we are ourselves the closer we connect to others. The problem with allowing ourselves to be vulnerable in this way, is that not everyone is comfortable with it. I've found I've installed a little fence to protect it from those who might take advantage. smile001.gif

Stacey48 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Nope, buried deep, locked it up, and threw away the key!

Archer Level 7 Mar 24, 2018

Sometimes. I'm told I have a monotone type voice, so I could be very happy and few would know by the way I talk, but sometimes I do get quite emotional.

I do and it tends to get broken a lot. But I don’t know any other way.

I'm the same, and I know how you feel smile003.gif

What heart?

KKGator Level 9 Mar 24, 2018

Nope, and I don't appreciate being treated like there's something wrong with that (not by you, OP--by people in my life who are more floridly demonstrative).

Just because I don't show my feelings (like you do) doesn't mean I don't feel my feelings, or that I'm "bottling" them. It means the conduits that translate my inner workings to my outer apparatus are narrower than yours. That's not a defect; that's a natural variation.

FFS, people: there's no right way to do feelings.

@AMGT I thought about including a disclaimer but I declined for the sake of brevity--and because I already mentioned natural variation and not bottling, I'd hoped those sentiment would carry over. The invisible implication is "there's no wrong way to healthily do feelings"

No. That is not wise.

wordywalt Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

In general, yes, but there are times when prudence or diplomacy dictates not to.

Far to often.

Donna_I Level 7 Mar 24, 2018

I should probably do that more often

Rudy1962 Level 9 Mar 24, 2018

One could probably say I do. I refuse to hide my emotions.

You bet

I usually do... Im not good at hiding them, so I don't try to hide them

Pretty much. And it gets beat up a lot, but I'm supposed to be grown-up enough to take it. And now, I shall go hide in my corner.

Deveno Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

I gave it to someone and she never gave it back.

Sticks48 Level 9 Mar 25, 2018

Will I save a spider of course they are a tinny creature that can be crushed with my little finger. Would step in to keep someone from getting hurt, yes cleaning up blood is difficult. Can I euthanize a hurt or sick animal yes with out a second thought.

azzow2 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

No, no thoughts. Just no.

Clare Level 7 Mar 24, 2018

I pull them out as I need to.

What does that even mean? I’ve heard it used before, but I’ve just blown it off.

@atheist lol, ok...

Mai poker face game iz teh suxxors

Qualia Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

tfw some1 is moar 1337 than u.

@Deveno I thought it was LOLspeak smile002.gif

It is a platatude that to me, signifies a weak, overly emotional person lacking in self-control. The kind I avoid.

dahermit Level 7 Mar 24, 2018

Yes I am terrible at hiding my emotions. Except crying. I do not cry in public. Grew up with a day that beat it into me that big boys don’t cry. I won’t do that to my son.

Donto101 Level 7 Mar 24, 2018

Yea, I can be a sap sometimes.

Paul628 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Sometimes too much. Especially if I'm in a place of need and loneliness. Like now.

kmdskit3 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Yes to much

Jameson Level 7 Mar 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:42747'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!