Agnostic.com

31 8

How do you make friends? Do you randomly talk to anyone, or are you selective?

I ended up making 2 new friends in one week. Looks mean nothing to me. I'll talk to anyone who wants to talk to me. (As long as they aren't pestering me, like some people do) The day I registered at the college, I was at the bus stop waiting for my bus. It was very windy out so I walked to the sheltered bus benches. I saw a woman there sitting on the bench with her feet on the bench. I know from being an anime lover, that people whom follow anime and have seen Naruto, sit like that. So I said, "Hi, and when is the 11 bus coming?" She said in 10 minutes and then I asked her what year she was in? We hit it off from there. I only got her first name and that she's a Sophomore majoring in accounting to work for the IRS. Then I saw my bus sitting there. I forgot to tell her my last name. I almost missed my bus and I had no time to give her my number. I will try and find her in the Fall. I want a friend going in as a new student. The other friend I made is a 35-year-old nice woman living at my center. She has a deformity on one of her legs and walks with a cane. Her maturity level is age appropriate. This whole week we've been hanging out when I'm not at work. Tonight we will watch a movie and eat popcorn. We both go to the gym too. She does the water aerobics and I workout. Life is going good at work and at home. I end up making friends in the oddest places. These two places weren't odd though. I'm not a judgemental person and I'm not selective. Except one guy at my place friended me on FB the 2nd day I moved in. I deleted it and told the kid girl (the immature one I'm ignoring) here not tell residents to friend me. He threw a fit and tattled. They told him I don't have to have anyone on my FB from here. I said I didn't want him on my FB. No one I live with is on there. I was very assertive with his immature reaction and I told him to back off! He doesn't speak to me now. He is very immature for a 20-something-year-old. That is when I do have to be selective. How do you make friends?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll talk to anyone about almost anything ... until they screw it up.

Same here.

Hmmm, I tend not to make friends, but try and stay on good terms with acquaintances.
I am usinally both the least liked, and least disliked person in any group.

Cool.

The older I get the more selective I have become and the more time I spend alone. I think that is rather common.

Yes.

It varies but I usually make a light hearted comment to do with a common interest maybe the weather, the traffic etc. Could be thru work so there's a bit of common ground. Doesn't take many seconds to see if there's any friendly rapport to be had and then take it from there.

Online friends here are pretty easy, we all have a common element going in and that really seems to help get things underway.

Yep.

I am fairly friendly and will talk to just about anyone. My jobs have lead me to start figuring-out people from the start. This is a big help since I am not a naturally extroverted.

Me neither.

I treat people how treat me

Same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42765
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.