Agnostic.com

5 1

Ethics verses family

What do you do when a member of the family steals all the family assets?
I was very ill and totally reliant on those funds for my medical costs.
There's not even enough money to take him to court and even if I did our mother says she will lie for him to protect his children.
So why is the illusion more important than truth?
What lesson does that teach his children?

Emile 5 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That the end justifies the means, why would your mother tell you she would lie "to protect his children?" I think there is more to the story and you can go to low-income legal aid to at least explore your option, so you are accurately aware of where and how you stand.

I can't get assistance because my name is on the last property my brother is trying to force the sale of. I have a relative willing to lend me $ for legal.

She doesn't want anything to undermine her relationship with her grandchildren. My well being means little to her. I tried to warn her before he did it and after it happened I was somehow responsible because I didn't warn her enough!

Ouch! That leaves you in a tight corner sorry to hear of that callousness.

Yes it's heartbreaking.

If your relative fucks you over its far worse to me than a stranger doing it.

Yes it totally undermined all the family security and contributed to the death of our father.

bloody hell

It happens all too often, and surely causes distress within a family. If the reason for the theft is justified, then one should forgive. If not, then mother seems to be enabling bad behavior, instead of practicing tough love.

I can't deal with lies or liars, my mother is fine with it. 😟

File criminal charges against him. I doubt that your mother will expose herself to perjury charges.

Your wrong she already did at the professional misconduct hearing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.