Agnostic.com

5 2

How do you get more activity. .......

That pretty much covers the inquiry. I just want to have some kind of conversation besides chit chat. Seems like it takes a day or two just to keep a convo going from initial contact, even with folks who have checked that they are following you. Some have even started the conversation. Then just fade away.
There should be some kind of rating system to the response timiming & ability of each user before you choose to follow. If you were feeling low or depressed or lonely, then you find this page and think "wow" im among like minded people . Now things are going to be so much different.......... but then they are really not. I realize I'm depressed, and maybe a bit hypersensitive but FUCK PEOPLE I JUST WANT TO TALK. OK ?

If anyones just happens to respond, please be brutally honest, if you think I'm being a whiney lil snowflake . Please feel free to tell me so.

sorry

JonKerley 4 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Statistically speaking there are probably about 15-20 men on here for every single woman so remember your message is going to be swimming among 10 to 20 others and she's probably already found someone to talk to. It sucks but that's the nature of the internet.

I think perhaps it's more a matter of perspective than being whiney. I get that you're depressed and lonely and want to chat with like-minded people, but everyone has an offline life and sometimes that means schedules don't match up as well as we'd like. It may be worth noting, too, that this site is new and undergoing lots of development, so some things like "following" are still being worked on. Right now I think following alerts you only when someone posts but not when they make a comment (unless it's a response to your comment). I'm hoping the developers eventually add a full activity feed, but I'm being patient to see what they have in the works before I make any suggestions. I hope your experience here improves, but please bear in mind that people aren't trying to be rude when they disappear for a while or fade from a conversation; life sometimes gets in the way, attention is split, people forget one of many conversations they had going, etc. Good luck to you.

Well hey there. Love you man!

You're a whiney little ice crystal that's stuck in a cloud. Just kidding, of course. You might be big.

If you're feeling down or depressed, feel free to send me a message. I can't guarantee I'll make you feel any rosier or less likely to experience roadrage, but I'll do my best to confuse you so much that you forget about your current problems.

If you're looking for a possible partner, then start making friends when you aren't depressed, so when you need them, they are there.

Don't give up and don't get discouraged. This post is a good example of positive action. Keep it up and if you need someone to push you off the ledge, I'm here for you. I'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful people on this site.

I am pretty big, ex- prison Sgt., ex- bouncer for 15 years. But at this point in life feeling pretty small . Thanks for your confidence boost it is genuinely appreciated.

I can't even figure out how to get a title separate from my post, or delete a post, or add hashtags to it. I'm sure i would care more if i got more responses though, lol, agree.

Posts are quite simple and straightforward. Type your title first. Hit return a couple of times and write any remarks that you think might be helpful. Submit.

Deleting posts can be done from the same page as posting. I believe you have up to 5 days to delete or edit. You can also go to your profile page and on the left tab (posts) ayou can access all of your posts.

If you want to tag someone, add "@Someone". "atSomeone"

Hope this helps.

Well, that's what i do with the titles, but it always posts the whole thing. Other people get this nice capitalized title that automatically separates itself from the body of the post and mine never, ever do that.

Ok, 5 days, even if no one comments? weird, but ok, noted.

oh ok, so all these people with the hashtags are just manually typing them in?

Don't forget to hit the return key two or three times. That'll separate the title from the body.

I just looked at your posts. Everyone of them has comments. It's a constant attempt at making good posts. @silvereyes is probably the best. Check her posts out and you'll get some ideas ... guaranteed!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.