Agnostic.com

8 3

Have a blessed day...

Anyone else feel like throat punching someone when they say “have a blessed day”? I just want to have a nice day, a good day, a great day would be amazing... you aren’t the flipping pope ,not that it would matter if you were but at least that’s in his realm of fake mystical powers, but you’re just a drive through cashier at a fast food place so stop blessing my day!

Walk_With_doG 3 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This greeting was no where to be found in the south that I ever witnessed before the last decade... it has coincided with the rise of the evangelical political machine which I don’t believe to be a coincidence. I grew up here in the Bible Belt... I never had my day blessed growing up.

Rarely

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 19, 2019

It's pretty unusual to get blessed in New England - or so I've found. I had it happen - in of all places - a Mastectomy shop. (Yes I had Cancer already - and now I'm here and I may be conflicted.... they're really taking a chance with this "Have a blessed day" thing.).
I thought to myself "Maybe they think their customers really need the boost?". I tried hard not to grimace at them. I don't think they were trying to be a pain.

Makes me sick.. ..assuming, there’s one fewer person with which to have an honest conversation.. Could be a filter of sorts for them, too. Pitiful ~

Varn Level 8 Nov 19, 2019

They are just giving you good wishes in their vernacular.

Don’t see a problem! As Sticks says, they are just being kind. The person could come at you and kick you in the balls saying ‘Take that mother f——-!

Now that would be demonstrating mystical powers!

People are just being kind. I will NEVER be mean toward someone being nice to me. There are things I can be a complete asshole over, but that ain't one of them. If they want to pray for me too, go ahead. It costs me absolutely nothing and makes them feel good for doing it. I am an athiest not, not a dick. Anyway, most of the time I am not a dick. 🙂

Yeah I REALLY hate that - it’s SO condescending

Doesn’t bother me when people wish me well.

skado Level 9 Nov 18, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:428332
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.