Agnostic.com

1 2

Need something to cuddle and give you love, but have little time and are on a budget?

If you aren't ready for a more demanding pet, I suggest a cavy, or guinea pig.

Get two, to keep each other company, and they'll still be friendly, whistle when they see you, can learn to sit up and beg. They take up little room, eat alfalfa cubes, grass, hay, and dry pellets, plus any organic greens or carrot scraps you have.

If you clean the cage regularly, or use absorbent litter under the floor grill of the cage, there is little odor.

Photos show Peruvian guinea pigs, a curly haired, two Peruvian pups, agouti adult and pup. I used to breed three coat types.

birdingnut 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think rats make the best pets of that kind of size

I love rats also and even used to breed hooded rats, but they urinate continuously while dropping feces pellets, and their cages always stink. You have to wash your clothing after playing with them.
Guinea pigs, however, can be held without their making a smelly mess, as long as you put them back in the cage occasionally to relieve themselves, and they'll whistle to greet you.

there both good and you are right but I think rats are more devoted

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.