Agnostic.com

11 15

Writers Beware: Global book marketing scams

Today I got a call from a New York number, Global Summit House, praising my book and positive reviews. He wanted to republish and market it. "You will appear on Oprah." Yeah, right.

My scam-alert went off when he said, "My supervisor told me to call you about our end-of-month sale. If you pay $749 today, you get half off...."

"I want to do some research and think about it," I said, cutting him off. "I need to check the credibility of your company. I refuse to be pressured. Goodbye." click.

Gotta love the Internet. I searched: "Is Global Summit House a scam?" Yes.

After I replied to his email that Global Summit House is a scam, he called five times from two New York phone numbers. Didn't answer. I blocked him on my phone and email.

Brushes off hands.

[accrispin.blogspot.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being able to get as many likes as possible on Instagram was a huge problem for me, because I didn't even know it was possible. But after I decided to buy FaceBook likes on this site [top4smm.com] and it has become a great resource for me to get the numbers I need. Now that I can brag about my social media activities, you might want to check it out for yourself.

Aron1 Level 1 July 28, 2022

Hey. "Tales of the Literate Hiker" isn't done yet. 😆

I am blocking at least 5 scams per day ....good job on your phone

It has gone crazy with the scam calls. I keep my phone on "do not disturb" all the time, allowing only to hear when someone in my contacts calls or messages me. I still have to see that the call came in, and delete voicemails; but, at least I am not annoyed by my phone ringing, sometimes several times a day.

It's amazing to me that these scammers keep trying after you've found them out. It's like they think they can still somehow convince you they are legit.

I think that many of them are just automaticly posted by the computers, no though involved.

So many scams ,most are easily stand out but some are so good ,like the real thing and i do not mean the income tax ones etc,like your book,,but sick relative or in anaccident and need money wired or trouble with the law some of those can really play on the uniformed morals and all they can think about is getting the money to a loved one to get them out of the situation

You are good.

It is sad so many fall for such (insert expletive here).

I just make them the same offer they're making me...

Thanks for the warning! 🙂

Same with journals. Journals can be the same. Horrible svolochi!

@skeptic70

What does "svolochi" mean? I don't know Russian.

@LiterateHiker Keep forgetting, it is another language. "Bastards."

@LiterateHiker svolochi is Russian and translates as scum

@Spinliesel Bastards is a better translation here, urod works well for scum.

Gimme five doolars, an I’ll pooblish your bük - will make mullions!
😉

It always surprises me that people fall for that. Good for you!

@GreatNani

Thank you. I became suspicious when I couldn't understand his accent on the phone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:433154
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.